Replacement centre light in lounge (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Having taken the massive fixed table out of the Burstner and replaced it with a free-standing folding one that can be stored out of the way, the lounge is now lovely and open. But I now have a problem with people walking into the massive central light fitting! :Doh: Being vertically challenged, I manage to walk under it no problem but anyone over 5ft7 hits their head.

Can anyone recommend an LED replacement light fitting that protrudes from the ceiling as little as possible but gives good all round light output?

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Having taken the massive fixed table out of the Burstner and replaced it with a free-standing folding one that can be stored out of the way, the lounge is now lovely and open. But I now have a problem with people walking into the massive central light fitting! :Doh: Being vertically challenged, I manage to walk under it no problem but anyone over 5ft7 hits their head.

Can anyone recommend an LED replacement light fitting that protrudes from the ceiling as little as possible but gives good all round light output?

came across this, not sure how bright it is though

Link Removed

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We replaced our 2 ceiling lights for this style which we had from O'learys m/h accessories , ours are led bulbs with a switch on to opt for 1or2 bulbs on or to switch off as it is connected to another light ...They didnt cost alot - think they were less than £ 16 each and were easy to change choice of silver or taupe type colour

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk/

Ceiling Light Twin Switched Gun Metal £9.95
Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thank you both for your ideas. The first one at only 9mm depth gives really good height clearance and seems very bright (maybe too bright?? - would like to see it working to get a better idea). Particularly like the fact that with the second one you can switch between one bulb and two, but only seems to be available with halogen bulbs. I'll give O'Learys a ring in the week and see if they can supply it with LEDs instead. :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you both for your ideas. The first one at only 9mm depth gives really good height clearance and seems very bright (maybe too bright?? - would like to see it working to get a better idea). Particularly like the fact that with the second one you can switch between one bulb and two, but only seems to be available with halogen bulbs. I'll give O'Learys a ring in the week and see if they can supply it with LEDs instead. :Smile:

We have fitted the led's into them no problem , you can purchase the led's at a m/h show if you are attending any. These fit fairly flush to the ceiling also

Olearys will be at Peterborough and Shepton,they mentioned
but not at Newark this time

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We have fitted the led's into them no problem , you can purchase the led's at a m/h show if you are attending any. These fit fairly flush to the ceiling also

Olearys will be at Peterborough and Shepton,they mentioned
but not at Newark this time

Thank you for that. Peterborough will be my first show - very new to all this! :Smile: I plan on getting most of the van's bulbs changed to LED, so there might be a good place to do so.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Thank you for that. Peterborough will be my first show - very new to all this! :Smile: I plan on getting most of the van's bulbs changed to LED, so there might be a good place to do so.

Look at Aldi if you are quick you may get some Led bulbs 4 for £3.49 Bargain

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09

We bought ours at a show, they did have a promotion on ...sorta like buy 4 for said price, which works out cheaper than buying singularly .::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back