Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Van MOT is due in April and this is the first time I've had to get a motorhome tested. Can anyone recommend a garage? I will most likely be back in the Coventry/Nuneaton area by then and having read a few horror stories I don't want to get ripped off with problems that don't exist :thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I take our Hymer to Peter Haines Engineers in Banbury for all base vehicle work. Peter and his team are excellent and I feel a kind of confidence in being parked in his workshop next to 40 tonne artics. My logic being that if they can work on those, they can sort out my motorhome with ease.
There is a Council MOT testing station next door to them and another testing station on the same industrial estate. Peter services the van and checks it for the MOT then takes it round and has the test done for me.
Highly recommended.

If you are back around Harbury it is not far down to Banbury.

http://www.peterhainesengineers.co.uk/

Philip

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We haven't needed ours done yet! - but I think I've rather assumed it will go to the Fiat Dealers - Research Garage - virtually next door to the Geo Eliot Hospital on the A444 between Bedworth & Nuneaton when it needs to be done.

The council apparently have an MOT station at St Mary's Road Depot, it's on NBBC's website if you insert 'MOT Testing' in the Search box. No idea what they are like or even where St Mary's Road is LOL

Perhaps Mark, Alan or Ash will pipe up in a minute cos they will prolly know of somehwere?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
We haven't needed ours done yet! - but I think I've rather assumed it will go to the Fiat Dealers - Research Garage - virtually next door to the Geo Eliot Hospital on the A444 between Bedworth & Nuneaton when it needs to be done.

The council apparently have an MOT station at St Mary's Road Depot, it's on NBBC's website if you insert 'MOT Testing' in the Search box. No idea what they are like or even where St Mary's Road is LOL

Perhaps Mark, Alan or Ash will pipe up in a minute cos they will prolly know of somehwere?

The Council MOT station is off Abbey Green. I took my car there a few years ago. It's more or less at the back of the Fire Station/Pets at Home/Asda etc.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
I always use our local council MOT station. As Wivvy says, they have no hidden aganda in finding bogus problems. On a recent test I was invited to look under the van to see that the exhaust was getting quite badly corroded but he nevertheless passed it. A week later the exhaust failed but I had had a week to check out the availabilty of a new one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You should be reading this from where im sitting
Its funny, really funny:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The mot tester is out to get you right, making up stuff as he goes along:thumb:

Yet when youve just bought a car or van, he must have been blind,:Cool: he missed this missed that missed the other:Doh:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Blind Robber:RollEyes:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
You should be reading this from where im sitting
Its funny, really funny:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The mot tester is out to get you right, making up stuff as he goes along:thumb:

Yet when youve just bought a car or van, he must have been blind,:Cool: he missed this missed that missed the other:Doh:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo
Blind Robber:RollEyes:

Being recently added as a nominated tester i can certainly relate to what your saying Geo,we are damned if we do and damned if we don't:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And others.. Geo, you really need to do a bit of research mate..

To the OP...
If you are not within range of Geo or peter or Dave ( not sure if he does MOT's ) then as others have said, the 100% best places are council ones ( or forestry ones.. If you have forests close by check on the forestry main depot.
Very thorough, very good, very fair

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back