Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We travel with two dogs, they have recently started passing huge amounts of noxious gas that makes it impossible for me to keep them in the motorhome overnight. So no traveling until I can find/devise and external kennel for the dogs to sleep in. Bearing in mind we do not use sites so do not want to tow a trailer if it can be avoided. I have started trying different food and feeding regimes
It could Smell the end of motorhoming for me, unless maybe we BBQ the buggers. Hee hee

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: Changing the food will make them SMELL even more :ROFLMAO::Doh:Fasten them outside it will not take them long to find under the van is out of the rain :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Eeek:
terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Fasten them outside it will not take them long to find under the van is out of the rain :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Eeek:
terry

I used to have a Border Collie who slept in a kennel at home.. summer and winter. When we went away he wouldn't sleep in the van.. always slept under it .. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Simples (just teasing BTW):winky:

clothes-peg-hi.png

ticktok

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Kent (South Coast)
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
5 Years
We travel with two dogs, they have recently started passing huge amounts of noxious gas that makes it impossible for me to keep them in the motorhome overnight.

Hi,

When we take the dog (a very large brown Lab) and he has been as far as the Algarve it has never been a problem, we use a fold up cage with a plastic cover over the top and sides but not the front. It seems he would rather sleep in that than the van as in the evening he asks to go out and gets in the cage, although as a food obsessed Lab it may be the biscuit he gets.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Gonna make it even harder to find a horse/cow/dog sitter in April then! :roflmto:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
not really the horses and cows live in a field and the dogs are used to the barn when we have to leave them. So no problemo, hee hee

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have seen a French man who had a covered trailer that he used as a dog kennel, but Rodger are the dogs saying the same about you?

Doug...

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you have a towbar on the van but don't want to tow a trailer you could always get some sort of box mounting and fit a double kennel directly on the towbar although you could run into weight problems with the rear axle if the kennel becomes heavy.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
As an altrnative you could try putting grated carrot in their food! It should help to stop the smell. It wont stop the wind though, but dogs dont usually tend to make a noise like we humans do when we let rip LOL.

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
take a long bath roger, then try again....it mite not be the dogs
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun