Has the board setting been altered Jim? (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
A little while ago Jim you set it so motorhome related item were on the front page and member fun area (ushaped lounge was down the bottom of the page)

Is it me or has the board gone back top the old format?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi John, I was getting a sore thumb with all that scrolling :Smile: I thought that as we had not had a sequence of political humdingers for ages I would put it back as it was. If the off topic stuff again overwhelms the front page again I will move it back. :thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Think it was better how you had it.

just my opinion:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi John, I was getting a sore thumb with all that scrolling :Smile: I thought that as we had not had a sequence of political humdingers for ages I would put it back as it was. If the off topic stuff again overwhelms the front page again I will move it back. :thumb:

Lets hope that that moment will not arrive this week, as you would then have change between the 2 layouts weekly or monthly :roflmto:

Rasmus

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I preferred it before too. 13 U shaped lounges on the front page in a few hours.
Just my opinion too.:Smile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Changes to fun site layout?

There is a change to the front page layout, is this acidental or intentional?

Doug...

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just shows how opinions differ.... I prefer it now :Smile:

I disliked the separate sections.. too much scrolling up and down and the U shaped lounge topics falling off the bottom fast ..

But agree that if U topics start to overwhelm the front page it is better they are separate ..

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
...me too, I'm afraid. I used to find it very frustrating when a motorhome subject would scroll off the screen in no time to be replaced with 'name the donkey' contests and the like
Wyn
I too prefer it with the selected sections at the bottom.

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I too prefer it with the selected sections at the bottom.

Doug...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Doug when I first did it that way you said....

On a more serious note, I don't think it works, the list of posts are too short and posts that still have some life left in them are being scrolled of the bottom of the screen, never to be seen again!!!

For me I would rather see ALL the posts on the front page and those that don't won't to read the belly locker can choose for themselves.

Doug...
::bigsmile:

Then you started your own thread condemning it

Link Removed

Now that is a U Turn::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I'm glad you came round to my way of thinking in the end even if you did not say so:winky:

Do we have any say Jim, can we have a vote?

Doug...
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No sorry Doug, I won't put it to a vote. If I did you would need two votes:ROFLMAO:

If the off topic posts regularly outnumber the rest then I will split them. I am going to try and get a script that will do this automatically. I am not against off topic posts, I enjoy them and take part, they are a very important part of our community, however IMO, the front page should be dominated by motorhomes. The main forum page, as always, shows every post made, no matter what topic, while the front page must remain mostly motorhomes. This page is important for our rankings and allows motorhome enthusiasts to find us.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
What I liked on the last option was most of the trivia in one place.

First time i have ever moaned about the board.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I must admit I preferred it seperated to, easier to work out what I wanted to read or subscribe too.

The page is too long now, whereas I always looked at both parts the way it was before.

Just my thoughts.

Pat

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thread split, the Jack Bauer stuff is nowLink Removed:Smile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Doug when I first did it that way you said....

::bigsmile:

Then you started your own thread condemning it

Link Removed

Now that is a U Turn::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I'm glad you came round to my way of thinking in the end even if you did not say so:winky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No sorry Doug, I won't put it to a vote. If I did you would need two votes:ROFLMAO:

If the off topic posts regularly outnumber the rest then I will split them. I am going to try and get a script that will do this automatically. I am not against off topic posts, I enjoy them and take part, they are a very important part of our community, however IMO, the front page should be dominated by motorhomes. The main forum page, as always, shows every post made, no matter what topic, while the front page must remain mostly motorhomes. This page is important for our rankings and allows motorhome enthusiasts to find us.

OK, I have no problem with your position, and I still think that the small off topic posts as you call them was too small, but that is a lot better that having to go hunting for the belly locker that does not get seen unless you make a special effort to find it. You can describe it any way you like but its still a form of censorship, every other subject is on the front page except that one.

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK, I have no problem with your position, and I still think that the small off topic posts as you call them was too small, but that is a lot better that having to go hunting for the belly locker that does not get seen unless you make a special effort to find it.

You can describe it any way you like but its still a form of censorship, every other subject is on the front page except that one.

Doug...

Off topic posts...
First you don't want them seperated.
Now you do want them seperated.
When I seperate them the block is too small

So its 3 votes you'll want ::bigsmile:

I disagree, I am not censoring the belly locker, its just not shown on the front page that's all. You can start on the forum page and see every belly locker post as its posted. You can bookmark that forum with one click of any browser then you can reach it with one click. You can use the RSS feed I make available and have every post delivered to your desktop. You can subscribe to that forum and you will be sent an email everytime something is posted there, how is that censorship?

Doug, I have already explained plenty of times why that stuff is not good to be on the front page. I listen and I do try to please as many people as possible, but I realise its impossible to please everyone. I appreciate that some people just enjoy a good moan. :Smile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Off topic posts...
First you don't want them seperated.
Now you do want them seperated.
When I seperate them the block is too small

So its 3 votes you'll want ::bigsmile:

I disagree, I am not censoring the belly locker, its just not shown on the front page that's all. You can start on the forum page and see every belly locker post as its posted. You can bookmark that forum with one click of any browser then you can reach it with one click. You can use the RSS feed I make available and have every post delivered to your desktop. You can subscribe to that forum and you will be sent an email everytime something is posted there, how is that censorship?

Doug, I have already explained plenty of times why that stuff is not good to be on the front page. I listen and I do try to please as many people as possible, but I realise its impossible to please everyone. I appreciate that some people just enjoy a good moan. :Smile:

The only thing I can say Jim, is that your interpretation of my text is so far away from the meaning I wanted to give that the only conclusion I can come to is the we do not speak the same language. or you are being deliberatly obtuse.

In addition I see that you have changed the front page back to the split page again?

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The only thing I can say Jim, is that your interpretation of my text is so far away from the meaning I wanted to give that the only conclusion I can come to is the we do not speak the same language. or you are being deliberatly obtuse.

In addition I see that you have changed the front page back to the split page again?

Doug...

We speak the same language Doug, you harranged me when I seperated off topic in January, when I changed it back yesterday you did not like that either. ::bigsmile: You accused me of censorship today and I denied it, its all in this thread in plain English. :Smile:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkt8E2Ul-Xw[/ame]

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
That cracked me up Jim with the Chaz and Dave clip:ROFLMAO:
Is it a little love spat we see going on:ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Now then Jim and Doug, none of that on this forum please. If you must continue, would you take it to PM :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No second thoughts keep it here,,

Doug, I love you.:winky: only you could dig out of that hole :roflmto::roflmto:

Jim, I much prefer it with the split screen, however if I said last time I didn't then obviously I didnt and what I say now matters as my vote for the voting system that doesn't exist, but if it did I would vote this way,:Eeek:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
That cracked me up Jim with the Chaz and Dave clip:ROFLMAO:
Is it a little love spat we see going on:ROFLMAO:

Give me nightmares seeing Chaz, we lived near him in the 80's, and met him in a stripped down Landrover " ie " no roof / windscreen or doors along a country lane one day, and nearly had a head on crash, :cry: and I can still see him laughing to this day. :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PS Don't mind which way it is Jim, you will never please everyone. :thumb: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back