Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are thinking of upgrading our van. Its a Burstner Aviano and we bought it from new in September 2008 for £47500. At todays prices an identical new van costs about £67,000 largely due to currency fluctuation making Eurovans much more expensive.

What impact do you think this currency fluctuation has on the value of my van?

Obviously I dont expect to get back what I paid but having said that £47k for a van with about 11000 miles against a new one at £67k doesn't seem bad .

Or am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Link Removed

there you go not to say it will sell mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
::bigsmile: just been looking at same van in france much lower prices there and great deals on extras thrown in to get the sale they want your sale there not rip you off like uk dealers,,, dealer ship in berk le plage, also letouquet are good ::bigsmile:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Question time:

Is the van you want any differant to the one you have, layout? size?

do you want to change just for the newness?

do you want to change?

did you win the lottery?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
::bigsmile: just been looking at same van in france much lower prices there and great deals on extras thrown in to get the sale they want your sale there not rip you off like uk dealers,,, dealer ship in berk le plage, also letouquet are good ::bigsmile:

Might be lower prices but can you get RHD and it will be French registered and you will have to import and re-register with DVLA.

When by chance you have a problem, you expect a UK dealer to sort it out, not that easy.

Not all UK dealers 'rip' you off, we have to make a profit to stay in business.

Peter

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Question time:

Is the van you want any differant to the one you have, layout? size?

do you want to change just for the newness?

do you want to change?

did you win the lottery?

We want a bigger Burstner(elegance) similar layout but a bigger lounge. New they cost 85k plus which is why this currency fluctuation is a problem. The Elegance for example was about 68k when we bought ours.

I only want to change because I saw Jim's new van and thought how airy and spacious it looked. my wife though wants to persevere with the fixed bed which makes ours a bit cramped when us and the 2 kids are in it. Fine in the summer with the safari room but cramped for winter weekends away.

I don't need to change but I would like to.

It might just be the wrong time to change and it would be best to hope the euro starts falling otherwise I might get the double whammy of buying for £85k and then selling when the £ is stronger and being told by the dealer that a new Elegance only now costs £70k so mine is only worth £x....:Doh:

Deleted User
We want a bigger Burstner(elegance) similar layout but a bigger lounge. New they cost 85k plus which is why this currency fluctuation is a problem. The Elegance for example was about 68k when we bought ours.

I only want to change because I saw Jim's new van and thought how airy and spacious it looked. my wife though wants to persevere with the fixed bed which makes ours a bit cramped when us and the 2 kids are in it. Fine in the summer with the safari room but cramped for winter weekends away.

It might just be the wrong time to change and it would be best to hope the euro starts falling otherwise I might get the double whammy of buying for £85k and then selling when the £ is stronger and being told by the dealer that a new Elegance only now costs £70k so mine is only worth £x....:Doh:

I think hoping the pound is going to improve is wishfull thinking, I think the exchange rate now is going to be it for a good while give or take 10%. If you think the Burstner Elegance is worth the money and represents good value and you can afford the cash, buy it. If not don't.

spongy

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:ROFLMAO: NO NO NO mr cross they are doing all the things you said and more,,, they will even give you right hand drive and register it for the uk and tax and plate it for you ????? pluss still give all of the things that a uk dealer will want to charge you for such as awaning free omni tv set up and if you dont want it huge disscount off sat tv fitted free,,and guess what still make a proffit hmmmmmmmm:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think that's probably right spongy.

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Link Removed

there you go not to say it will sell mind.

That's interesting. not absolutely sure that is a 2008 model because mine is a much higher spec than that one.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

I suppose you could get a nanny and leave the kids at home in the winter

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I agree! Leave the kids at home with the Grandparents!

You saw Jims? SO! Want one like his?

Keeping up with the Jones comes to mind! (or in this case The Browns!)

OP
OP
Chris

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not the keep up with the Jones type mate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back