Worry and our Unpredictable World... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Here I am worrying about my slipping fan belt on the Wagon, the blowing exhaust on the old Hymer, the internet connection problems with my laptop and the lack of time to complete the pruning needed at Quinta Majay before returning to the UK...

... and then I start learning about the disasters unfolding in Japan and I am brought back to realising what actually really matters is this unpredictable world of ours...

JJ

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We were only saying this morning that there are so many disasters around the World we don't realise how lucky we are, it does make you put everything into perspective.

By the way JJ, while doing your pruning in Portugal, please can you measure the width of the access into it, we are planning to come down next winter and would love to stay a while and give you hand with any jobs that might need doing, but we will need an 8' access. We don't have a chain saw but have a good pair of loppers.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You will be very, very welcome Nigel and Pam... I will measure it if I can find a tape measure! My Hymer 660 goes through no problem... how wide is that I ask?

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
JJ- why worry? Count your blessings, just as we do when reading your effluvia...

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Just my thoughts JJ, my little problems are nothing compared to theirs.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
JJ its frightening when you see the speed that the tsunami travelled , the poor devils at home at work in their cars never knew what hit them.
Yes we are so lucky

Larry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
effluvia , bit harsh.:whatthe:

JJ i think your right , heres me stressing over Jacob not wanting to part with his junk , so i can re decorate and furnish his bedroom. :Doh:
Seeing all those homes just washed away. There must be thousands of people dead.
Bev

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
JJ- why worry? Count your blessings, just as we do when reading your effluvia...

Why would you post such a NASTY untrue thing about a fellow member ?

This is not acceptable :Angry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Here I am worrying about my slipping fan belt on the Wagon, the blowing exhaust on the old Hymer, the internet connection problems with my laptop and the lack of time to complete the pruning needed at Quinta Majay before returning to the UK...

... and then I start learning about the disasters unfolding in Japan and I am brought back to realising what actually really matters is this unpredictable world of ours...

JJ

Its certainly unpredictable JJ, If I recall correctly an earthquake with one of the largest recorded losses of life happened just a few miles from where you are parked right now! Counting our blessings is something we should do more often but we get caught up in the trivia. If we all started counting them now, it would take a while. :Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
JJ, People will always naturally worry about what is close to them and effecting their own life, just like your prunings, or Bevs Kids Junk, it our own things on our minds, Its the way the psych works to protect us.
Can you imagine what life would be like if every day, we worried about all the bad things that are or possibly going to or have happened? we would be screwed.

I once saw research from Sweden that suggested that depressive people are the ones that see the world for what it is, a fragile, dangerous and scary place that is often unfair. Its the rest of us that are delluded whom believe it to be great. :Smile:

Terrible events, really bad, and all we can do is praise whoever, that it aint us this time. :Smile:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

you are right imprint... I create too much "effluvia"

Simple solution...

I will stop posting for a while to avoid upsetting you...

JJ
if we all posted less the fun site would end up closed:cry:

so keep on posting every little helps or annoys depends who reads it:shout::Blush::whatthe::thumb:

and which way the wind was blowing:Eeek:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I had to look up the "E" word.

JJ please carry on posting (maybe in smaller print:winky:)

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
'Effluvia' can simply mean 'outpourings' and let us hope that that was the intended meaning.

As far as other meanings go, I don't know any one of us on here who doesn't occasionally talk sh1te.

Long may it continue! :Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Having had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know you JJ whilst on your visit with us , know that you like many funster's are distressed at what is happening in Japan at the moment, we all worry in our daily life about things compared to this that are trivial really ....but once something like this occurs it makes us very humble ....brings it home

Some folk can be flippant about life ...it is their way of coping i expect

So please dont stop posting

Kath

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Dear JJ

Before you go, could you send some money to the CSA, I could do with some new shoes.

Your loving son

ShiftZZ

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Hi JJ. just to cheer you up,
Did you see the match last tues and the match today ?????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you at Twerton !!

Regards, John P.:thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hiya JJ no matter how bad you feel there is always some one some where worse off than we are, and it is true, you do feel for them:thumb:Rob

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I think disasters like this do bring you back down to earth! We all get enveloped in our own worries in our own lives. Our little trials seem terrible and life threatening - then things like this happen that make you realise that other things are so much more important.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
i feel a sorrow for japan but i am to small a pebble to help

but i worry for my family first and there i am a mountain
:notworthy:

small words with a big meaning,

Thats a quote i'd like to keep for later if you dont mind

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
'Effluvia' can simply mean 'outpourings' and let us hope that that was the intended meaning.

Long may it continue! :Smile:

Since it was posted by a lawyer who would be well aware of the Latin origins of the word he may have cracked a joke that's not obvious to us mere mortals.

I'd assume just a bad joke day. BTDTGTTS

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back