Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have my renewal through today but miffed as £39 for me to renew as a member of 20 years but on the website you can join for £37.

What's all this about??

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Like a lot of things, it's cheaper on line.

Bill

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And like a lot of things that the prices have risen on, they can do without my lolly !

No longer take any magazines regularly, no longer a member of any club apart from this and my local bike club, and certainly not a member of either CC or C & CC clubs

Organisations that give good value for money get my lolly.. and more and more peeps are doing the same as me.. voting with their wallets !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
But they are direct debiting me whereas online is to join now favouring new members, where's the club in it?

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I think that the membership fees were going up by £2.00, maybe yours renewal is next month, when it goes up, just a thought.

Seems unfair to charge extra for us members.

Pat

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I've just renewed my M/H insurance policy with the Caravan Club, but not without words!.
Built into the premium was a £12 renewal fee for an existing policy. I asked why as a member I was charged this fee, what was my membership fee for but to use the Club facilities, that includes sites etc but I contended their services. The little voice (female) on the other end of the phone said I HAD TO PAY IT. I bit my tongue, no I don't have to pay it, I don't have renew my I insurance through them, I don't have to renew my car insurance through them and I don't have to renew my membership subscription to the club. Oh said the voice I guess your not happy!, clearly a bright girl! Hold the line she asked and she would speak to her supervisor, in less than a minute she was back on line, yes we can waive the fee. Result.

Like most organizations these days clubs ,insurance companies banks etc seem to have a policy of lets charge(soak) the clients for as much as possible and if by chance the client objects they reduce the price.

The greed culture is everywhere no longer is service the driving force. .... Sorry rant over.

The only organization with reduced fees this year is Jim at Motorhome Fun. Thanks Jim.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
CC insurance discount meant I would have paid MORE than I do with my present insurers !

Do not believe all the sods tell you !! Shop around ( esp if you are over 50 as Saga do a cracking deal )

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Insurance:Doh:

Cars coming up, and old ish (98) Jeep Grand Cherokee, it's not worth much, about 1K but it's reliable tidy and frankley I love it:thumb:

Last couple of years £350 area this year £505, over half the value of the car:ROFLMAO:

So, confused, £502 best, WOW £3, I'll retire:ROFLMAO:

So, Direct line, we'll save you money, £749:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And so again, LV, we'll save you money, £942:Eeek:

Faital, I've had my no claims so long I don't know how long, we do well under 12K a year and park her of the road, I know everyones been banging on about the hikes but struth.

Do you recon the insurance companies have been taking lessons form the government:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wasn't, but I feel a beer coming on tonight:cry::ROFLMAO:

(Sorry way of topic rant/witter:Blush:)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
have you tried these NFU sometimes come good but not always

Link Removed

dave916sp

Free Member
Mar 3, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now I really have heard it all

Our car insurance ( Ford Fiesta 1,2) went up £100.00 this year, neither of us have had a claim for years, the reason given..........are you ready for this. because I am unemployed at the moment, I pay the full amount every time, just can't figure out why I am such a risk all of a sudden.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Our car insurance ( Ford Fiesta 1,2) went up £100.00 this year, neither of us have had a claim for years, the reason given..........are you ready for this. because I am unemployed at the moment, I pay the full amount every time, just can't figure out why I am such a risk all of a sudden.

you aren't its just another insurance con

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Obvious innit, you is unemployed, therefore you is gunna need da dosh so you will torch it or get your mate to nick it an sell da bits on e-bay - to get the insurance.

I bet that is the reason though - claims experience! :Doh: :cry:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I am with Swinton the guy there rang and said " ah I see your insurance is up for renewal I have been looking for the best deal we can do but it has gone up to £420 from £230 last year" Righto I said I will look on tinterweb there are other insurers, before I could finish the sentence he suddenly found a better deal, it has gone up a bit £50 I can live with that.The MH is the next one hmmmmm:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back