Banned
Mar 16, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2008
Hi All, just collected our van at the weekend out of winter storage and the electric flush has stopped working, anyone had a similar experience, not had chance to check fuses yet but seems unlikely as it hasn't been used for a few months, any advice on where to look would be greatley appreciated.

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
My electric flush stopped working and I too was puzzled as to why as there was no reason (fuses etc) it turned out the the connector in the cassette cabinet had become dislodged when putting it in and out and pressing too heavily on the button.
A hand outside holding the connector in whilst pushing the flush button and surround to relocate both and the problem was solved....
maybe worth trying...

I hope you get it sorted then you can once more be flushing with success:Smile:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We also had a problem with our Thetford C250 - it turned out that the flush button had been pressed too hard which forced the printed circuit board off the back of the panel. To check this simply pull the front panel away & if the pcb is loose just clip it back into place.

Hopefully yours will be as easy & you wil soon be "flushed with success"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
or... it was damaged by freezing .. in which case your up $hit creek ...:roflmto:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi All, just collected our van at the weekend out of winter storage and the electric flush has stopped working, anyone had a similar experience, not had chance to check fuses yet but seems unlikely as it hasn't been used for a few months, any advice on where to look would be greatley appreciated.
Hi there,

Check the little fuse on the left, just inside the compartment as you open the door.

I've recently had to replace the motorised valve, which can only be accessed by removing the bowl. It costs around the £35 mark, and is available at any Thetford spares stockists. Is stuck in the open position, and was slowly syphoning our fresh water from the MH tank.

I am not saying that you have the same problem, but it may be the cause if all other possibilities have been investigated.

HTH,

Jock.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
If it helps, I'd have thought an electric flush can produce a shocking experience.

(Someone had to say it, while it's a current matter.)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

If you have just fetched your Motorhome out of winter storage....is your hab battery ok....is your hab power been switched off, is everything electrical working ok...is your main red switch on.....start with the simple checks first and work your way through.....:Doh:

Mel :thumb:

OP
OP
M

mickthebrick

Banned
Mar 16, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2008
If you have just fetched your Motorhome out of winter storage....is your hab battery ok....is your hab power been switched off, is everything electrical working ok...is your main red switch on.....start with the simple checks first and work your way through.....:Doh:

Mel :thumb:
checked everything, hab battery fine, everything else electrical works, fuse hasn't blown, only thing i can think of is pump has frozen up over winter but even then you would expect it to do something, even make a noise. will have to investigate further.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
have you bled it through? First use can take a while! Most feed the fresh water from the main tank. Keep the button held down for a few minutes.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back