Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My internal sim card system (Vodafone) in the lappy stopped working...

Man in shop loaded latest software to no avail...

I must (he says) reboot my operating system (I have too many "conflicts".) I will start the task tomorrow (I have to store all documents, etc on external drive first)

In the meantime I bought a Vodafone Sharing Centre wi-fi thingy.

Instructions in Portuguese but my friend and colleague Mosca and I mastered it just now and I have internet back in the Wagon :thumb:

Also four other wi-fi devices can connect to it... :thumb:

Won't ever have to get out of bed now...:RollEyes:

JJ

Rash is going and my breathing is back to normal... :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Has he been on here before, I thought it was a new member. :winky: :welcome: back JJ. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thought when i hadn't seen you for a while Man City must have been going through a bad patch:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ lost his Internet
It really was a pity
He couldn't go on-line at all
To check up on Man City

Brilliant! :thumb: and oh so very true... had to text a (Liverpool supporter) friend to learn City had beaten Villa in the FA cup...

JJ

(He would have texted me had they lost...)

on a serious note I reckon this system would be really convenient for many motorhomers with the rise in wi-fi devices these days. Dongle and sharing dock positioned in the van for the best signal strength and then the laptop, notebook, e reader etc all connected at once with no wires to trip over...

...you could even take your laptop outside into the awning for the Fun quiz while the boss was inside on the notebook posting witty comments (or Googling...)

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Jill was fancying a tablet device a couple of weeks ago so we had a first look at MiFi. I think the offering from Three would probably suit us more than the Vodafone one in this country but they are still a bit pricey as they are so new.

No doubt the price will drop in the next few months and we'll buy a device and tablet.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I thought you had been off because they had stopped you freeloading at the marina:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I thought you had been off because they had stopped you freeloading at the marina:ROFLMAO:

Shock... Horror !!! :Eeek:

I will have you know young man that whilst I am in my beloved Portugal I usually have wall to wall internet (via Vodafone) which I pay for on contract every month...

... me freeloading! :winky:

...have you soap to wash your mouth out? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Shock... Horror !!! :Eeek:

I will have you know young man that whilst I am in my beloved Portugal I usually have wall to wall internet (via Vodafone) which I pay for on contract every month...

... me freeloading! :winky:

...have you soap to wash your mouth out? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

I know you do JJ hence the:ROFLMAO: at the end of the post it was meant as a joke and its a long while since I was called a young man::bigsmile:

so thats one more gadget in the van how about this for a new avatar
Link Removed

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Rash is going and my breathing is back to normal.

All them catapilars from Zahora,you saving them up to em in a pie:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
My internal sim card system (Vodafone) in the lappy stopped working...

Man in shop loaded latest software to no avail...

I must (he says) reboot my operating system (I have too many "conflicts".) I will start the task tomorrow (I have to store all documents, etc on external drive first)

In the meantime I bought a Vodafone Sharing Centre wi-fi thingy.

Instructions in Portuguese but my friend and colleague Mosca and I mastered it just now and I have internet back in the Wagon :thumb:

Also four other wi-fi devices can connect to it... :thumb:

Won't ever have to get out of bed now...:RollEyes:

JJ

Rash is going and my breathing is back to normal... :thumb:

I THINK THE RASH MITE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE VAN :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thanks everyone for the smiles your comments created... :thumb:

A post update which, while being pretty boring, really might be of use to other Funsters.

The Vodafone sharing dock is great... but I missed my (faster) 3G connection I got when the phone SIM was fitted into my laptop internal slot. This connection had become very troublesome and, after installing Vista service pack one and two, stopped working at all.

As the OP stated, the man (youth) in the Vodafone shop said I had too many conflicts and needed to reload my operating system :Eeek:

Instead, I tried the "one free trial" go with AVG PC Tune Up last night. Apparently I had 1278 problems :Eeek: :Eeek:

I pressed the fix all button.

Later in the day I reloaded the Vodafone (upgraded?) Mobile Connect software kindly left on my desk top by the Vodafone man (youth).

Just now I took the SIM card out of the dongle (connected to the sharing dock) and popped it back into the laptop and BINGO... footy commentary playing and Fun surfing occuring... Very happy but...

...do any other Funsters have experience of the AVG Tuneup programme and should I subscribe to it? Maybe just upgrading MS software more often would be just as effective...

Thanks for getting this far...:thumb:

JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back