Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Be warned there is a spoof email going around again, this one is very clever and says basically some IP address has tried to asses your account three times which PayPal have now locked for your security.

It is a very good layout and very nearly fooled me, but being on the boat I could not remember the password for this particular account and after thinking about it sussed it was a spoof.

Clever webpage and it asks you to go to Resolution Centre to verify your account, with apropriate links etc.

Report it to Paypal and if you want to check your account, LOG IN THE NORMAL WAY AND NOT ON ANY LINKS ON THIS EMAIL.

Peter

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Paypal scam

Hi and thanks John, I came across this similar scam about a year ago when I was purchasing something off Ebay,I copied all the details and passed them on to Manx Telecom our local Internet provider,they too were impressed,and subsequently closed the door on them,they did however discover that its origins were from Spain.
I will notify them again that it appears to be doing the rounds.

Steve.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
I keep getting one saying that the credit card I use with Paypal will be out of date soon so renew with a new card. The card in question isn't out of date til Sept and no other site seems to want new details>

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Pay pal

I have an email now saying they have taken 22 quid out of my account and it will show up on my account havn t bought anything

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
yes your dead right i also have one from tax saying they owe me 920 quid but they need bank details so they can pay me lol
Oh yes, i forgot about the taxman not using cheques any more :roflmto:

they must have stopped since i got one a few weeks ago (genuine refund) :thumb::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back