Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We think our motorhome is haunted as we hear lots of bangs as if someone is knocking on the outside walls of the Mh even when there is no-one there.
We thought it was possibly the heater revving up and warming the pipes as it is blown air heating.
The vent goes out of the side of the wall and we thought it was that but it happens all over the van and not even in sunshine as we thought maybe the walls were contracting so have decided to call our ghost Jane and we shout at her to shut up when this happens can be a bit disconcerting in the dead of night though hearing the bumps, and no its not us:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Even the dogs asleep and doesnt wake to the noise.:reel::reel::reel:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
This only ever happens after you've finished the bottle of Merlot, am I right or am I right.....?

:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Oo-eer....things that go bump in the night.

if you're going to newark we could have a saturday night exorcism...funster style.
usually quite a few 'spirits' around :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
knocking flaps!!!!!!!!

Lynnes matilda has a wee friend who 'knocks' during the night, and at day but i s not as noticable. Lynne did manage to work out what it was....... are you ready for it.....................
It was the cover of the EHU being caught in the wind and knocking between the EHU plug and the side of the van.....Simples.
She worked this out sitting in the snow, drinking Pinot Grigio, in the snow talking to the local squirrels.......
Not sure the men in white jackets were local enough to help at the time!!!!!!!!
Infact they could not get there at all as there was too much snow..

Moral of this is......Check all your flaps!!!!!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
He's right you know, can never be too careful with your flaps IMHO.

Can't be a ghost, dog would defo react.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
cover of the EHU being caught in the wind and knocking between the EHU plug and the side of the van

Ours does this and it annoys me as I sleep that end of the m/h, also the vent outside used to make a terrible noise but a small piece of card round the edge stopped that rattle.

Dale

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Defo not the flaps, absolulely no wind last night but still happens when the wind does blow we have to tie something around the flap to stop that noise.
Happens in all places on the van with no wind, thought things that go bump in the night happened on really old places with the creaks and everything but this van is only a year old.
oh well have to put up with creaks and groans....... or thump him in the ribs...lol:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
have decided to call our ghost Jane and we shout at her to shut up when this happens can be a bit disconcerting in the dead of night though hearing the bumps, and no its not us:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:

Bob would insist that shouting 'Shut up Jane' does not have the desired effect. :ROFLMAO:

Jane ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Bob would insist that shouting 'Shut up Jane' does not have the desired effect. :ROFLMAO:

Jane ::bigsmile:
OOOPs sorry Jane no offence, forgot there was a Jane on the forum, tee hee....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back