Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Got to get ready for Newark, is any one else like me no time to get ready, but I have made the effort.

Wow what a weekend, recommissioned the RV yesterday took 12 hours, toilet flush leaking new valve ordered, ice maker valve leaking repaired, water heater wouldn't ignite repaired. house batteries had it want changing, all cleaned inside.

This morning it wasn't raining, I know thats rare, so got on with the outside, all washed and 1/3 polished, another 8 hours.

I now ache in places I didn't know I had, got next tuesday afternoon planned off so see if we can get it finished.

All the best Rick

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Ice maker?

Posh!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ummm.. bit baffled here ( :winky: )
Why would anyone with such a fantastic van need to prep it for Newark ?
What is special about Newark that is different from all other weekends away ?

Ahhhh.. hang on.... ( where is that flashing light bulb over the head gif when you need it ! )

Surely you are not saying Newark will be the poor things first outing of the year !!

Now then... Don't you feel guilty .. Leaving that beautiful RV sitting all alone through the cold weather :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i had another play today Rick.

set up my free standing sat dish and wired the receiver in.
no funds for a fixed dish at the moment :Sad:
bit of a problem as some functions on the sat remote mimic those on the tv remote.
hit sat favorites button and it brings up teletext on the tv.
hit channel up on the sat remote and it turns the tv back from scart to tv so i have to scroll right the way through to go back one channel :shout:
looks like a new sat box needed :Angry:

then set about the bathroom door.
double door and one side was badly fitted and sticking, so off it came, reset the 6ft long piano hinge and refitted....nice and free now.

just needs a wash and brushup then all set for newark. :thumb:

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp

bit of a problem as some functions on the sat remote mimic those on the tv remote.
hit channel up on the sat remote and it turns the tv back from scart to tv so i have to scroll right the way through to go back one channel :shout:

double door and one side was badly fitted and sticking, so off it came, reset the 6ft long piano hinge and refitted....nice and free now.

Your lucky my remote stops the cars remote functioning:whatthe: & it won't start:Doh:
To cure we use the keys to open the door which appears to reset the car blipper

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Ummm.. bit baffled here ( :winky: )
Why would anyone with such a fantastic van need to prep it for Newark ?
What is special about Newark that is different from all other weekends away ?

Ahhhh.. hang on.... ( where is that flashing light bulb over the head gif when you need it ! )

Surely you are not saying Newark will be the poor things first outing of the year !!

Now then... Don't you feel guilty .. Leaving that beautiful RV sitting all alone through the cold weather :cry:

Sad to say it is we have been so busy at work (which I am not knocking after the last two years) that I havn't had time to do anything other than work, and when I have had a few moments it has been raining.

Getting there now though, but still sore I will pay some one next time :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Sad to say it is we have been so busy at work (which I am not knocking after the last two years) that I havn't had time to do anything other than work, and when I have had a few moments it has been raining.

Getting there now though, but still sore I will pay some one next time :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

Wot about Tony from Hampshire Valeting hes very good

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Only puling your leg Rick.. I do appreciate how lucky I am to be able to spend time with the van and work too :Smile:

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Only puling your leg Rick.. I do appreciate how lucky I am to be able to spend time with the van and work too :Smile:

Oh the time will come, using it a lot more this year than last, but as I said I don't know where this work has come from, just hope it lasts :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, Jeff has been giving ours the once over as we are using it this weekend. 30yrs of Wedded Bliss!!! and we need to get away to get over it! I plugged the old Dyson in and that was that! EC200 gone in a flash. Hoping Jeff can fix it on his day off on tuesday otherwise we are up the creek.

Whatever it is, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be expensive. Can see what I'm getting for our WA instead of a string of pearls!

Andrea

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994

I have the same problem pappajohn. What TV and Sat box have you got? Perhaps we should swap if the box is different to mine to see if we can solve without buying a new box:thumb:

Lunarman

OP
OP
motor roamin

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins

Hi John

One of the Saturday jobs was sorting Sat out and making it work, I bought one of those scary priced in motion sat domes, I pressed all kinds of buttons to make it work trouble is I don't know how I did it :ROFLMAO: don't tell Rosie I had to covince her we NEEDED it in the first place :ROFLMAO: still cannot get the in motion radio to work yet the TV will, think roadpro best come and put it right, I have had many problems with it lol.

Might be turning up at Newark with one clean side and one dirty one at this rate :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back