May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Renault partner with ALK for NavTruck

Renault ALK NavTruckRenault have partnered with ALK technologies to develop a version of the popular CoPilot Truck app customised for use by professional drivers.

Launched first on iPhone (isn't everything these days?), NavTruck offers truck specific routing with options to avoid restricted roads based on vehicle dimensions input by the driver.

Your NavTruck will work out the best route and guide you depending on how you're travelling. Choose from Truck, Auto, Walking, RV, Motorcycle or Bicycle to set your mode of travel.

Read more here Link Removed :thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Not only is this pretty pricey for an app, but the chances are it needs internet connection to work so possibly high roaming charges abroad.

I thik I'll give it a miss, though I have an iPhone, as I think my two SatNavs (TomTom and Truckmate) are probably enough without adding a third :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
With any luck, tho, once the technology is out there, the price will come tumbling down.

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
The standard version of CoPilot has an RV option, at least on the Android platform.

Any idea what this gives over that? Does it allow for personal configuration details such as height and width?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigmillie

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
The standard version of CoPilot has an RV option, at least on the Android platform.

Any idea what this gives over that? Does it allow for personal configuration details such as height and width?

Found this

Truck Routing Profile
NavTruck provides turn by turn GPS navigation designed for drivers of large vehicles.

NavTruck provides safe, reliable navigation for large vehicles, taking into account truck restricted and prohibited roads.

You can adjust NavTruck's routing to suit the vehicle dimensions and cargo type. Here's how:

* Select Menu > Truck.
* Select Routing.
* Select your vehicle type. Choose from Truck, Automobile, Motorcycle, Bicycle, Walking or RV (Recreational Vehicle).
* If you selected Truck above, enter the Max Height, Max Width, Total Length, Total Weight and Total Axle Weight of your truck.
* Customise your routing, by indicating your preference for a road type and setting a speed for each. For example, choose to strongly favour motorways and set the speed for motorways as 60 MPH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back