Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Thinking of going to portugal for a couple of weeks.Been at home for a month sorting out and not due back to work untill 1st of april.
Looking to go to portugal for a couple of weeks.I know alot of you would not do that distance for a fortnight but we have left calais 10am on a thursday and been in faro for 10pm friday.We may add a couple of days on to allow for the driving but only having our holidays in feb march due to our jobs my wife really wants some sunshine.
Anyone down that way?
Dave

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
only having our holidays in feb march due to our jobs my wife really wants some sunshine.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Personally I wouldn't do that distance for a two week break, it's not cost effective ..

Have you considered booking a cheap flight with a self catering flat .. ?

Probably work out cheaper, more time in the sun with less stress.. just a thought..

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I agree, see what deals are in the travel agents we did at Xmas/New Year they couldnt give them away. Sorry to spoil what is a good idea, JJ is down in Portugal he may give you some tips and also what the weather is like at the moment.

Dale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
I agree, see what deals are in the travel agents we did at Xmas/New Year they couldnt give them away. Sorry to spoil what is a good idea, JJ is down in Portugal he may give you some tips and also what the weather is like at the moment.

Dale

You don't need JJ to tell you what the weather is like in Portugal - just Google it ! Tips are another matter ....

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I would think that JJ's weather report would be more precise than Google, thats if JJ is back in Portugal that is ::bigsmile:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire Link Removed
You don't need JJ to tell you what the weather is like in Portugal - just Google it ! Tips are another matter ....

Are you trying to put me out of the weather business! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Oops! Wouldn't want to do that JJ. Never thought .... ! :Blush: Sorry

Er ... what's the weather like in Portugal then, JJ ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I used to take 5 days to do South Wales to Algarve but now I take 8 I have done it in 4 but its just too much so I wont try that again.

Do it if you want but the thought of having to do the return journey while you are down here would be too much for me.

I'm in Villa Real at the moment, the weather is wall to wall blue with a cool wind but the clouds are coming.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back