New version of Firefox? (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have just seen a pop-up saying there is a new version of FireFox available. Has anyone tried it yet?

I have in the past just downloaded the updates but this time I think I will wait to see if there are any problems with it.

Doug...

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I have just seen a pop-up saying there is a new version of FireFox available. Has anyone tried it yet?

I have in the past just downloaded the updates but this time I think I will wait to see if there are any problems with it.

Doug...

I'm upto Beta 11 & it works fine on my Apple lap top

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Doug...

Good plan Doug, leave it a few days. Let other find the bugs. They certainly do need to update though, I used to swear byFirefox, but these day Chrome is almost twice as fast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
I downloaded it yesterday, no problems and is a little faster on start up.

Nick

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Doug

Downloaded yesterday, have found no problems so far.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Good plan Doug, leave it a few days. Let other find the bugs. They certainly do need to update though, I used to swear byFirefox, but these day Chrome is almost twice as fast.

Firefox works but your comment.

Can it, can't it ??

It certainly can, the screen draw on Chrome is just amazing.

I've just clicked Preview, instantly back from FUN.

Firefox is like that old coat 'er indoors keeps wanting to bin, but it's so comfortable. I might have to have a rethink here.

PS. Something I've never seen before - hit save and it came back as fast as a fast thing with No Edit button and an hourglass. So backspace and back to my post and there is Edit. Odd.

Edit 2. God it is fast. Maybe the edit button had not got cached.

Edit 3. This is fun. I just wonder how good Android could be. I've nothing running Android but if they have done as good a job then it must be awesome. And soon we'll have the chance of Chrome as a PC Operating System. Which could be a problem because, we'll have all the Linux devotees crawling out of the woodwork "It's only Linux you know". Could I cope with that ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have both Chrome and FireFox but in the past I have all kind weirdo problems when using this site, I usually find problems after add-ons so I tend to be careful with updates as it can change things about and then I have problems with fail to log-on, spellcheck,hidden text reading, that kind of thing.

Touch wood all is well at the moment and I can even log on to the chat room.

Thanks for the info.

Doug...

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Firefox works but your comment.

Can it, can't it ??

It certainly can, the screen draw on Chrome is just amazing.

I've just clicked Preview, instantly back from FUN.

Firefox is like that old coat 'er indoors keeps wanting to bin, but it's so comfortable. I might have to have a rethink here.

PS. Something I've never seen before - hit save and it came back as fast as a fast thing with No Edit button and an hourglass. So backspace and back to my post and there is Edit. Odd.

Edit 2. God it is fast. Maybe the edit button had not got cached.

Edit 3. This is fun. I just wonder how good Android could be. I've nothing running Android but if they have done as good a job then it must be awesome. And soon we'll have the chance of Chrome as a PC Operating System. Which could be a problem because, we'll have all the Linux devotees crawling out of the woodwork "It's only Linux you know". Could I cope with that ?

Shock horror, your not advocating the use of Linux are you? :whatthe:

You never miss an opportunity to have a go at us poor Linux users do you :ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Downloaded the beta version yesterday not done much with it yet but using it now no problems seems ok.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back