Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Anyone bought taylormade cycle covers for the cycle rack on a motorhome.
Our fiamma cover has split in various places and is no longer waterproof.
I have heard of covers that you can get that completely covers the rack and the bikes.
We have 2 electric bikes that we need to keep covered from the worst of the rain and also to keep them covered for security.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi, yes we have Taylor made covers for our 2 Electric Bikes, have had it for 6 years, a little faded now but still does the job as good as when we bought it.
It is surprising how many people come up when we are on site and take down the telephone number for them of the back of the cover when they see how good they work.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Yes bought ours off eBay brand new and alot cheaper than fiamma

Cheers
Gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yes bought ours off eBay brand new and alot cheaper than fiamma

Cheers
Gary

Are they taylormade, if not what make are they and can I ask how much they were please?

Trish

patr

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Trish-n Tez

I have had several bags and a large bike cover made by

Link Removed

who will make anything to your measurements quickly and at an excellent price. The material they use is heavy duty and the bike cover was originally made to cover two bikes on an Omni-Lift bike rack with a velcro'd cut out for the rack arms.

When we changed to Dahon folding bikes. the bike cover was large enough and strong enough to cover our Piaggio Liberty scooter. Superb quality woven material, very strong zips and webbing straps and a very prompt response to my questions.

Just had a bag made for a Weber gas BBQ and bags for the folding bikes, 3 days from measurement to delivery. Top firm.

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
this is what I bought for£20

Link Removed

Cheers
Gary

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Anyone bought taylormade cycle covers for the cycle rack on a motorhome.
Our fiamma cover has split in various places and is no longer waterproof.
I have heard of covers that you can get that completely covers the rack and the bikes.
We have 2 electric bikes that we need to keep covered from the worst of the rain and also to keep them covered for security.

Have a look in our local phone book for 'sail makers' - They will rattle you up a cover, that will last many a year, if not life - and more than likely be cheaper than a shop bought one!!

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
i was in poundland burnley today and they had cycle covers in there, it did say waterproof etc on them, so if you have one near to you it might be worth a look

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Trish-n-Tez,

Are you going to Newark? If so I have a taylormade one only used a couple of times that you can have for a very competitive price:thumb:

Lunarman

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
i was in poundland burnley today and they had cycle covers in there, it did say waterproof etc on them, so if you have one near to you it might be worth a look

Thanks for the tip tommy but I have tried one of them as well as the ones from tesco which split on the first try, didnt even get to drive with them on as they split before I could, not good at all but thanks anyway.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back