Caxton FX prepay Euro card - Update (1 Viewer)

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Well returned yesterday from our eventful (illegal immigrant trying to attach himself to the underneath of the RV) long weekend in Paris, as promised here is an update on the Caxton FX prepay Eurocard.
1. Better exchange rate than the post office cash rate when loading the card
2. Used it for autoroute Tolls with no problem, not the automatic machines as the 2 tolls we went through these had height barriers, however gave the card over to the person in the kiosk they swiped it and away we went
3. Used the card in an automated fuel station on Sunday max permitted fill up Euro120 (which is the amount immediately held from the card regardless of fill up amount then nets off later as the actual amount goes through).
4. Used card to draw cash from an ATM
5. Used card to pay at a café
All in all in my opinion would not want to travel without the card on continent.:thumb:
Cheers
Gary and Cathy

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Excellent report! I have always championed the pre-pay for interne6t and foreign travel as in this day and age it is alot safer! They cannot take what isn't on there!

Who noticed the tick, you or the customs officers?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Toffs-G

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
Excellent report! I have always championed the pre-pay for interne6t and foreign travel as in this day and age it is alot safer! They cannot take what isn't on there!

Who noticed the tick, you or the customs officers?

Indeed I use prepay only now after having my ID stolen some years ago. £30k of maxed out credit cards and bank account empty - sends shivers down me even now, only reason i didnt have the hassle most peopl ehave is that I noticed it the day after it all happened so everything was still authorisations on my cards, bank said have to wait to see what happens, no way i said you agree there is a fraud taking place. I was lucky enough to have a contract at the Ministry of Justice at the time and threatened the bank with having a word with a judge as they are wintnessing a crime taking place, strangely enough they managed to cancel the authorisations bar a few, I immediately canceled my credit cards and changed bank account - only prepay for me now and careful where i use my debit card.

We noticed the undesirable when we came out of the Auchan with our shopping, saw him under the RV trying to get up on the Chassis i shouted and ran for him he smacked his head on the RV:roflmto: i managed to grab him but he got away on the other hand if he hadnt got away I am not sure what i would have done with him:Doh: we were going to Paris so he would have been unlucky if we hadn't seen him:ROFLMAO: got to calais ansd then we take him back to Paris:ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That is the issue at Calais for us RV owners

That is the issue these days stopping in any port area as there is a risk that they will crawl under and climb onthe axle in an RV.. Being we are all rear wheel drive.. Plenty of room under mine..... I do not stop in the area other than the visit to pet contol at the tunnel.. Tend to spend the last night well in land.

You never know Garry if they will turn nasty if you challange them...

Good news about the FX card...

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back