Good sites in Co. Wexford or Cork (1 Viewer)

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
We are heading off for 10 days in April and are thinking of trying Counties Wexford or Cork. We will stop in Treegrove in Killarney on the way down from the North but have been there quite a few times so would like to try somewhere new.

Has anyone tried Wexford or Cork recently? We will do the week before Easter to avoid the busy times and would be interested to hear any comments.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
We are heading off for 10 days in April and are thinking of trying Counties Wexford or Cork. We will stop in Treegrove in Killarney on the way down from the North but have been there quite a few times so would like to try somewhere new.

Has anyone tried Wexford or Cork recently? We will do the week before Easter to avoid the busy times and would be interested to hear any comments.

We have stayed at The Trading Post a couple of times but it is not that special, a great little pub across the road though, and handy for the ferry!:thumb::thumb:

http://wexfordcamping.com/

Don't you mean Treegrove just out side Kilkenny?

http://www.treegrovecamping.com/

Regards Pat

OP
OP
blokarter

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
Thanks ruffingitsmoothly

Yes, my mistake. I did mean Killkenny. Just happened to be talking about Kilarney at the time I was posting.

I will look at the trading post if we make it that far. (Wife likes the shops in Killkenny)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User

We visited Ireland 4 years ago, can't recommend sites in Wexford but we did have 4 nights wild camping at Garrotstown just south of Cork, we camped on the headland overlooking the sea (just passed the public toilets). Spent a couple of hours watching the basking sharks out in the bay.

Hope you enjoy Ireland it is a beautiful country.

spongy

OP
OP
blokarter

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
thanks spongy.

I live in Northern Ireland & travel South a few times a year. Always looking for new sites to try. Will add Garrentsown to my list...

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Calor gas

Is it easy to find calor gas in Eire? Our 7kg one may well give out. Asked Treegrove where we are starting out but they couldn't even tell me where I could get some!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Dough

Free Member
Feb 16, 2012
Ireland
Funster No
MH
C.I.
Exp
Most vans use butane Kosangas in the south but some stock calor propane as well try Charles camping in Blessington Wicklow or Maynooth Motorhomes in Kildare nr Dublin as they have large accessory shops.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back