water levels not reading right (1 Viewer)

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi all i have a small problem with the water level indicator in my van.
i have the electrobloc 220 and the sensor is in the top of the tank it never reads 100% even when the tank is full to the overflows i have checked and the tank actually does fill to the top and water covers the rod type sensors.
is there some settings in the electrobloc for adjusting these sensors or is it just a case of replace it with a new one.
thanks in advance

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't know about your particular van but water level sensors seem to be fairly unreliable on many models. They certainly are on the Explorer range.

We were a bit concerned when we first got the van but now just fill the tank to overflowing on the first day of a trip and then top up every so often as we know more or less what we use.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if converters didnt fit them in the first place they could knock 50p off the purchase price.......thats about all they are worth.

none of mine have ever been anywhere near accurate, and not just the uk/euro ones.

the level indicaters in my american RV read ...
fresh 1/8th....its almost full
grey 1/4 ...its empty
black 1/4...also empty.

fresh is empty when the tap runs dry
grey is full when the shower tray fills up
black is full when yer ass gets wet.

best indication yet !`:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Ours never actually empties. At least not according to the gauge. :roflmto:

As has been said; you get an idea when its getting low, not least by the waste tank filling up.

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
I've found that the indicated level also depends on what sort of water you fill it with!

If I fill my van at home, it often does read 100% but usually around 90%.
However some places I fill it up it only reads 60% when full.
I enquired of a dealer about this and it apparently depends on the type (ie softness/hardness, variations in added chemicals) of the local water.

Whichever way you look at it, the only way to know for sure is to fill it right up, then add more when the waste tank is full!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Ours have just been in for a hab check and they noticed the grey tank waste warning light is flashing and makes a warning sound to show it is full but we know its empty and they mentioned that fat and stuff adheres to the rod within the tank making the false reading so advised putting tank cleaner in which cleans the rod so we are going to fill the waste tank and put the grains called "kemdirect" in to slosh around when driving, not for too long though with the cost of diesel and the extra weight from the water in the tank, so will only do it for a few miles.
Bought it a a show last year and it works fine.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hi all i have a small problem with the water level indicator in my van.
i have the electrobloc 220 and the sensor is in the top of the tank it never reads 100%

It's a crude system, should show 1/4, 1/2. 3/4. 4/4. Do you see 4 steps ?

Can you see an in-line plug/socket near the tank ? Pull apart, examine, WD40, put back.

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
water level

Never had time to test mine properly as this bloody Truma auto water dump valve constantly opens and out pumps my water. Thought it was because we used it in the cold,at first ie below 7% but started dumping this weekend too even when it was full of hot water . ripped it out and jumped up and down on it a couple of times in temper before temporary bypassing it by bodging 15mm to 12mm pipe from Jewsons . Ordered a older manual type of eBay last night ie yellow with 12mm push-fit ends .

All I can say is modern plastic crap:Blush::Blush:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Ours have just been in for a hab check and they noticed the grey tank waste warning light is flashing and makes a warning sound to show it is full but we know its empty and they mentioned that fat and stuff adheres to the rod within the tank making the false reading so advised putting tank cleaner in which cleans the rod so we are going to fill the waste tank and put the grains called "kemdirect" in to slosh around when driving, not for too long though with the cost of diesel and the extra weight from the water in the tank, so will only do it for a few miles.
Bought it a a show last year and it works fine.

Hi
Never bother with grey tank cleaner buy a couple of bottles of cheap coke, on leaving last site empty tank pour in coke drive home, tank clean. Always works for us.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back