LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, David, (DSHague) told us of the possible problem with refilling Gaslow bottles in France and sent us this quote-

"we both had a good chat to Richard the big wig at Gaslow, who is going to issue a special label to stick on your bottles in French or whatever EU Country you may be travelling to, to verify its Europe wide legality, you just send them the bottle i.d numbers and they will send them out to you, so that should kill those stories of refusal to fill that have been circulating. We both are impressed at this companies customer care, they certainly look after you once you are a customer"

I rang this afternoon and asked about the certificates, she took the Id numbers of the bottles and within 15 minutes the certificates, in French and Spanish were emailed to me.

That's what you call service! Well done Gaslow.

Ginny and Mike

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
was not the bottles at fault its seems to be the installers not giving you a copy of thr cert they get on completion of the lpg course to say they are a comp fitter ????? so the cert they have given you no good,,,, its got to be the fitters on ???????

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
"we both had a good chat to Richard the big wig at Gaslow, who is going to issue a special label to stick on your bottles in French or whatever EU Country you may be travelling to, to verify its Europe wide legality, you just send them the bottle i.d numbers and they will send them out to you, so that should kill those stories of refusal to fill that have been circulating. We both are impressed at this companies customer care, they certainly look after you once you are a customer"

I rang this afternoon and asked about the certificates, she took the Id numbers of the bottles and within 15 minutes the certificates, in French and Spanish were emailed to me.

Ginny and Mike

Where are the numbers they want? Ours are a few years old so may not be the same as new ones.

So what's the e-mail address Ginny? Have you got it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Keith, I have been told that if you have the older bottles with a collar / handles at the top, the numbers are stamped on the rear of the collar. Later bottles with no collar have the information stamped on the base of the bottle. The information is in the form of a serial number and a manufacture date.
Hope this helps

Brisey

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Where are the numbers they want? Ours are a few years old so may not be the same as new ones.

So what's the e-mail address Ginny? Have you got it?

Hi Keith, the numbers on both our bottles were down at the bottom of the bottle. We have one bottle with a collar and the other is one of the newer ones. The certificate states when the bottle was made and we asked for certificates in French and Spanish. They are very official/impressive and signed.

The email was from Jacquie Wright <Jacquie.Wright@gaslow.co.uk>. I rang them but I am sure if you drop her an email you will get a speedy reply.

Is the weather still good where you are? Have you moved into Portugal yet, you lucky people!!!

Ginny and Mike

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well when we emailed with the cylinder numbers they said by reply they were taking advice on what to do in France, but emailed us a Spanish certificate, so do we have to email them the cylinder numbers again now or what?

Plus this still won't work with Shell, cos they said their LPG pumps defo were not to be used for domestic gas, only for engines run by LPG.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Plus this still won't work with Shell, cos they said their LPG pumps defo were not to be used for domestic gas, only for engines run by LPG.

Correct Jenny.

read this report, judge for yourself

Link Removed

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
easy way to deal with this is to say its for the lpg powered generator on a diesel engined motorhome. and carry a calor bottle just for show for the cooking.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
easy way to deal with this is to say its for the lpg powered generator on a diesel engined motorhome. and carry a calor bottle just for show for the cooking.

Wouldn't that be telling a lie ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Fitted my Gaslite ( think that is what it's called ) system using an external filler. Put a 'L.P.G.' sticker over it and have never been questioned ( mind you.. Absolute truth is that the system has been fitted 6 months, we have done the Spanish thing, done aires in France and relied on the on board gas to keep us warm, done the Essex run last November, and as yet we are STILL on the original fill done at the local garage ! LOL !! )

Oh and just been out side and looked and that LPG sticker has wandered off on its own somewhere anyway !! :ROFLMAO:

Basically, just pull in, fill up ( ensure you have the pucka adaptor ) and go pay.. They are unlikely to argue once you have the juice on board !

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Our filling doodah is inside the gas locker, that makes it fairly obvious really.

Don't think even a fairly thicko is gonna believe the M/H runs from two bright yellow 6kg bottles (we can only have 6kg as the 11kg are too fat to go through the locker door) especially when the fill up only costs eg 13 Euros! LOL

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Basically, just pull in, fill up ( ensure you have the pucka adaptor ) and go pay.. They are unlikely to argue once you have the juice on board !

True... provided the LPG pump is switched ON..

I mentioned on another Gaslow thread about being refused at a French station on the Autoroute ..
The pump was OFF when I tried to fill.. the attendant came out and asked if it was for the engine or cooking .. In all innocence I said cooking .. she then refused to turn on the pump..
Bear in mind this was an LPG fixed tank, if I had been 'wized up' I could have said engine but at the time figured it was only for engines due to French tax laws and she was just being pedantic.. now I know differently.

My personal view to avoid problems is to have your Gaslow filler fitted on the outside of the van and fill up frequently, then if refused no biggy, as you say, a fill lasts quite a time.

If push comes to shove you may have to buy a French bottle and regulator and use a BBQ point .. not ideal, but would get you out of trouble..

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Can I just put another spanner in the works ???????????
When we went to the Paris Motorhome show to purchase our new Motorhome...I enquired from the dealers on motorhomes stands about the fitting of Gaslow refillable GAZ bottles for the purpose of cooking ?????**** to the new motorhome........well you would think I had come off another planet....so after explaining what are and how the work.....I was told, firstly refillable bottles do not exist......and not in France....and why would you want to refill the GAZ 11kg bottles when you can buy them from there accessory shop also from other motorhome dealers,and supermarkets and garages and garden centers and many other shops sell GAZ already filled!!!!!!!!????**** was we mad........this was in September 2010......

In November in my monthly French motorhome magazine...called CAMPING-CAR MAGAZINE..issue no 225 - NOVEMBRE 2010...PAGE, 140, 141, 142
Remplacer le propane par du GPL

Now if this is not refillable PLG (or LPG ) French style and showing you how to fit it yourself..:Doh:......I Will Eat a FRAY BENTOS PIE............Urgggggggg

And if there is refillable bottles in France and you can fit them your selves ....WHERE DO THEY EXPECT YOU TO FILL THEM...........or is it a new thing that is now coming in to France .........................................!!!!!!!!!??????? YOU DECIDE..............:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

STICK ONE OF THESE LABELS, MOST OF THESE WOULD DO ...THE BEST WOULD BE THE AUTO GAS

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

MEL:thumb:

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 10
  • img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 13