Cam Belt Change (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I had the Cam Belt changed on the van today at 26000 miles and 5 years old. Cost was 360 inc the VAT. Much cheaper than a new engine!

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Is that the recommended interval Dave, 5 years

Hi Jim. Yes, Fiat say 5 years or 80000 miles. Service and 4 tyres - 5 years old - being done in March and MOT in May. Bloody insurance due April also :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
My van is just 5 years old, a very expensive age!
Four new tyres already changed, service and cambelt due next month, road tax due 1st March and Insurance renewed only yesterday. I've been with the Caravan Club insurance and their renewal notice was for £352.07. When I phoned they reduced it to £345.23. Told them I was not happy, "well if you can beat it we will match it" said the chirpy voice.
One call to the Camping and Caravan Club quote was £315.49. Emailed details to Caravan Club and they were happy to beat it by 50p. So premium now down to £314.99. I was prepared to accept this until the 'voice' said this includes the insurance tax and the £8 renewal fee! I think I gave the voice a shock because i refused to pay £8 to renew an existing policy. After explaining that as a club member I didn't think it was good service. The voice put me on hold to speak to a supervisor, within in a minute he came back to say the premium would be £304.99, that is no renewal charge!

So at least I made a saving of nearly £50 on my insurance which can go towards my cambelt.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:cry: still way oaver priced ?? do you relise you can use euo companys to insure,, and they are cheaper ,with better service :winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I had the Cam Belt changed on the van today at 26000 miles and 5 years old. Cost was 360 inc the VAT. Much cheaper than a new engine!
Out of interest Dave,
What sort of establishment did it for you, Small Garage Medium Garage or large main dealer?
What part of the country are you these days
Geo

OP
OP

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Out of interest Dave,
What sort of establishment did it for you, Small Garage Medium Garage or large main dealer?
What part of the country are you these days
Geo

Hi Geo

The garage is a small to medium size one. the labour was about £180, and the rest was the cam belt kit and VAT. They MOT the van every year. I am in Slough now, just a few miles from Windsor and Heathrow.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Geo

The garage is a small to medium size one. the labour was about £180, and the rest was the cam belt kit and VAT. They MOT the van every year. I am in Slough now, just a few miles from Windsor and Heathrow.

Thanks Dave
reason for asking?
You have Pm cant answer here without it looking like an add:Doh:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
:cry: still way oaver priced ?? do you relise you can use euo companys to insure,, and they are cheaper ,with better service :winky:
Hi niggle
I pay 750 euros inc recovery here in Spain through a German company. When i first bought the bus 6 years ago the cost was 1100 euros !!!! with a spanish company. My family in England have a motorhome and only pay half the cost of over here.
david
Sax, Alicante

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back