Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
South Cheshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx
Exp
Started Nov '09
Hi funsters, if there is anyone interested in visiting Nantwich, Cheshire, may I suggest a possible camp site.It is Nantwich Marina, 1/2 a mile from the centre of the town, on the bus route to Chester,bus stop outside site.
I have been badgering the owner ,Bill Saner, for over a year to take motor homers on the site. He says the site will be complete, ie, E H U in the summer but he is willing to let funsters stay on a grassed area. The site has full bunkering facilities and a cafe. Nantwich is a lovely town with nice walks along the elevated canal system.:thumb::coolthumb:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi funsters, if there is anyone interested in visiting Nantwich, Cheshire, may I suggest a possible camp site.It is Nantwich Marina, 1/2 a mile from the centre of the town, on the bus route to Chester,bus stop outside site.
I have been badgering the owner ,Bill Saner, for over a year to take motor homers on the site. He says the site will be complete, ie, E H U in the summer but he is willing to let funsters stay on a grassed area. The site has full bunkering facilities and a cafe. Nantwich is a lovely town with nice walks along the elevated canal system.:thumb::coolthumb:

Nice one PJ, I'll definately be checking that out. Nantwich is a lovelly town and the farmers market can be a cracker.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It is Nantwich Marina,

Is that the farmer who made local TV news a while back by diversifying and creating a marina on his land by the canal ?

Man with a bit of go in him.

MHs and boats are fine bedfellows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004

Passed there a few time on our way to visit daughter in Crewe,also stay at a Cl in winterley, would be a nice change, said to Tez that would be a good place for a camp site...are they only allowing funsters or anyone?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Is it actually Nantwich Marina as I store my bus very nearby and want somewhere to stay on a regular basis.

Have you any more details? Is it the Main Marina? I found details of a site a while ago but cant find them now:Doh::RollEyes:

OP
OP
peejay

peejay

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
South Cheshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx
Exp
Started Nov '09
Hi John, sent you a pm. To hill dweller, no it is not that marina, that one is way out of Nantwich, this is a short walk into Nantwich, also on bus route into Nantwich and Chester. :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Peejay, any more info on this site a address or directions of where it is, as would be a nice short run out for us. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi John, sent you a pm. To hill dweller, no it is not that marina, that one is way out of Nantwich, this is a short walk into Nantwich, also on bus route into Nantwich and Chester. :thumb:

Not got it yet:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Be real handy for me::bigsmile:

OP
OP
peejay

peejay

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
South Cheshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx
Exp
Started Nov '09
Nantwich

Hi Peejay, any more info on this site a address or directions of where it is, as would be a nice short run out for us. :thumb:
Hi Carol, if approach Nantwich from chester on the A 51 you will come to a set of traffic lights on a cross road, go straight across on the A534, through Acton and the Marina will be on your left 1/2 mile from Acton.From any other direction I would advise following the A 500 then on to A 51 for Chester, after you go over a canal bridge you come to a set of traffic lights, Wrexham. Straight ahead, Chester turn right YOU TURN LEFT go through Acton and the marina is on your left. Hope that is clear!
Being new to motor homing I am always looking for a site like this, near a nice Market town, within a easy walk. I love Nantwich as I work from
there, I wish I could live there. Im sure Bill at the Marina would make you welcome. Everyone I go passed I think what a place to stay.
All the best wishes Peejay.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you for that Peejay will copy it off. The Roudee at Chester can be used as a Aire £1.50p for overnight and normal car park charges in day, but very handy for a couple of nights right in the center of Chester. Also come across a fairly new CCC CL in the center of Southport right by the Pier, so there are a few in the center of towns with no need to catch any other transport to get there. Any more I wonder.

OP
OP
peejay

peejay

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
South Cheshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx
Exp
Started Nov '09
Hi John,if you Google 'Nantwich Marina' you will get all info. The site hasn't got hook up yet but a cafe,OPEC 7 days, toilet, laundrette, and bus stop outside. An easy walk into Nantwich.
If you head for Nantwich on the A51 up to the Blue stone traffic lights, straight across on to the A534, through Acton for half a mile, the Marina is on the left. Post code CW5 8 LB.
Cheers John
Deejay

OP
OP
peejay

peejay

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
South Cheshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx
Exp
Started Nov '09
Thank you for that Peejay will copy it off. The Roudee at Chester can be used as a Aire £1.50p for overnight and normal car park charges in day, but very handy for a couple of nights right in the center of Chester. Also come across a fairly new CCC CL in the center of Southport right by the Pier, so there are a few in the center of towns with no need to catch any other transport to get there. Any more I wonder.

Thanks for the info Carol, use the Chester one, a great site. We were planning to use the Southport site in the near future, glad you mentioned it.
Deejay

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back