LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
As you may know we are thinking of wintering in Spain/France next year. Now I am taking tablets for blood pressure and simvastatin. I can get my prescription by the internet from my doctors which is available at the chemist 2 days later. Now I can get my daughter to pick them up for me. The question is can she post them out to me? Does anyone do this? :Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi ken

I was taking high blood pressure tablets when we first went full time and stayed in Spain for six months.

Speak to your GP, he should be able to give a prescription for a three months supply.. If your planning a longer stay, ask for a prescription which you can use at a Spanish chemist. .. that is what I did.

As for posting drugs .. I would be a bit wary .. but can't say if it's legal or not.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
From the Link Removed (my emphasis)
Prescription and over-the-counter medicines

Prescription and over-the-counter medicines may be sent by, or at the specific request of: a qualified medical practitioner, a registered dental practitioner, a veterinary surgeon, a registered nurse or a recognised laboratory or institution. Any medicine that uses an aerosol where the volume exceeds 50ml is prohibited and will not be accepted. Any aerosols that use flammable or toxic gases as propellants are also prohibited. Controlled drugs or substitutes for controlled drugs are prohibited and will not be accepted. Private individuals may send medicines in prescription quantities in cases of emergency only.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
As you may know we are thinking of wintering in Spain/France next year. Now I am taking tablets for blood pressure and simvastatin. I can get my prescription by the internet from my doctors which is available at the chemist 2 days later. Now I can get my daughter to pick them up for me. The question is can she post them out to me? Does anyone do this? :Smile:

Ken is wintering in Spain and France this year November,December 2011 and January,February 2012..........so are we.....but will be coming back after two months then back again.....for our tabs as we have no one to send on.......

If you are in France maybe Frankie would receive them for you, that is if you are in southern Atlantic side of France.....or maybe Alan's sister, if they have not already moved to the uk...other wise send it to the campsites address!

Mel

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to get 6 month prescriptions,that was reduced to 3 month,now its reduced to 2 month.
Have spoken to my doctor regarding this and he suggested that I contact him when I know the dates am leaving and he would give me the prescriptions in advance so that I could get them abroad from the chemist.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I used to get 6 month prescriptions,that was reduced to 3 month,now its reduced to 2 month.
Have spoken to my doctor regarding this and he suggested that I contact him when I know the dates am leaving and he would give me the prescriptions in advance so that I could get them abroad from the chemist.

We came to Spain in November and our doctor prescribed 6 months supply for each of us. He sorted out with the chemist as they are trying to cut down on over prescribing. The guidelines are however only guidelines and your doctor has the final say.

Goose

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Why don't you simply get the meds on prescription in Spain or Portugal?

We've been away from the UK for 8 months doing the big tour of Europe. My wife was running low with some of her meds including BP stuff. With our EHIC cards we visited a local doctor on the Algarve. By showing the boxes for the current meds, the local doctor prescribed a 4-month supply of BP meds, a broad specrum antibiotic we like to keep on hand to deal with emergencies (severe gatro etc), and a Twinrix booster shot each of us required to complete the course taken 12 months earlier when we visited Mexico.

As I understand it, in the UK we would have paid 6-7 pounds per prescribed item by way of a prescription fee. In Canada we would have paid around $250 for the same meds (Twinrix shots cost around $75 each). Our cost in Portugal?

40 Euros, for the lot!

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Why don't you simply get the meds on prescription in Spain or Portugal?
!

Quite simple for those of us over 60 UK prescriptions don't cost us anything.

If we were in the UK we would get them so why not when we are abroad particularly when the doctor himself recommends us not to spend the winter in the UK because of health problems.

John

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I can get 3 month in advance, trouble is my monthly pescription allready come is a box as 3 page script, will need a trailer to tow my medication this year for 3 months:Doh::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back