scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Received this by email ..

Are we heading for the £7 gallon of fuel? Will it hit £8 later in the year?

Please, please forward this email to all your friends, work colleagues, family and everyone you know on Facebook and Twitter.

Even if you have not done this before, it could be the most important thing you can do to make a difference to everyone’s lives in the UK

Today it was announced that the inflation rate has increased significantly. The Chancellor is committed to a 1p rise ON TOP OF inflation. The fuel duty rise planned for April and the surge in inflation means that the duty rise will be even worse than anticipated. The affect of this will be to add a potential 23p to a gallon of fuel in April (5p per litre).

This has to stop. Enough is enough! 30 million motorists have had their full of shouldering this increasing cost and tax burden

But, there is a way that you CAN make a difference? Moreover, it will take you less than a minute or two! Please email all your friends, work colleagues, family and everyone you know on Facebook and Twitter

Simply go to www.fairfueluk.com and sign the on-line petition. What could be easier? Please tell everyone you know.

FairFuelUK, led by motoring campaigner Quentin Willson, will be taking the gathered signatures to 10 Downing Street on 2 March. So far, we have enough to fill nine sacks but we need more!

By adding YOUR name, we can make sure that the Prime Minister and the Chancellor are left in no doubt as to the huge injustice of the latest price hike proposals.

Please forward this to as many people as you can. With enough support, we CAN make a difference.

Don't forget to get a Car Sticker too, from the websitehttp://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/webchat/editor/quote.gif

Thanks again and very kind regards

Quentin Willson
& the Fair Fuel UK Campaign Team
http://www.fairfueluk.com

Attachments

• noname.jpg
    noname.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 9

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As usual with campaigns such as these, I'd be more inclined to support them if they gave any indication of an alternative.

It's all very well for people like the bloke who has started this to say that a tax they don't like should be reduced/removed.

What they almost always fail to do, however, as in this case, is to come up with any alternative for making up the resultant shortfall - either by increasing taxation in other areas or reducing spending.

Without costed alternatives the case is totally devalued.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As usual with campaigns such as these, I'd be more inclined to support them if they gave any indication of an alternative.

The Egyptians had no alternative before taking to the streets ... the just hated what they had.. or closer to home, the Poll Tax riots..

Surely we can campaign against a hike in fuel tax we feel is unjust without providing all the answers.. after all, that's what we pay them to do for us.

Alternatively, we can roll over and take it on the chin. Where is the Dunkirk spirit. ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I see it as the begining of the end for motorhoming, a few trips a year carries the full tax burdon of keeping a second vehicle on the road, maybe time to get shot of the dogs and wife and downsize to a roamahome or something as an only vehicle.:Sad::Sad:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Graham,what alternatives do you need ?
IF WE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THINGS LIKE THIS THEN THE GOVERNMENT WILL JUST KEEP ON RISING FUEL DUTIES.
At least this is giving the motorist a voice to say enough :winky:
A few alternatives could be to stop giving foreign aid and pay off our debts with that money
Stop giving assistance for stupid non working wind farms and solar farms that are costing us millions for little or no return
Same for electric cars / hybrid that do about 50 / 60 mpg when a normal diesel car gets 70 mpg
I could carry on but I am busy signing the petition :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I see it as the begining of the end for motorhoming, a few trips a year carries the full tax burdon of keeping a second vehicle on the road, maybe time to get shot of the dogs and wife and downsize to a roamahome or something as an only vehicle.:Sad::Sad:

You are not alone Roger, and I think so for many who are still in denial ..
We can't afford to keep two vehicles, a small touring caravan makes more economic sense for us..

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The Egyptians had no alternative before taking to the streets ... the just hated what they had.. or closer to home, the Poll Tax riots..
Surely we can campaign against a hike in fuel tax we feel is unjust without providing all the answers.. after all, that's what we pay them to do for us.
Alternatively, we can roll over and take it on the chin. Where is the Dunkirk spirit. ?
Problem is with the previous government who delayed the price rises hoping to stay in power. Now reality has hit home and as planed by their previous the new government is getting the blame. :Doh: Do you think it would have been different if power had not changed?

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Problem is with the previous government who delayed the price rises hoping to stay in power. Now reality has hit home and as planed by their previous the new government is getting the blame. :Doh: Do you think it would have been different if power had not changed?

I don't think I blamed anyone Buttons .. and I'm not entering a political debate, this is not the correct forum..

The OP is asking members to support a fuel price hike protest .. be they right, center or left.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I signed something similar to this about four or five years ago.

And what happened?

I'll tell you what happened........................................F*#K ALL

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I signed something similar to this about four or five years ago.

And what happened?

I'll tell you what happened........................................F*#K ALL

OSTRICH ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It may well get the same response but at least we the signers tried :ROFLMAO:
terry

sammy_n_brett

Free Member
Feb 15, 2011
walsall
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
whats fair in life

hi guys we are new here but i felt i had to add my input..........
few years back a similar thing was done prices were held for a while and then we saw the increase carry on as normal.
here is a real idea if every1 only filled up with 1 of the oil giants fuel the others would be forced to drop there prices to get our business this would also mean the tax dropping aswell
yes we pay a lot of tax and i loathe filling up, but the oil companys dictate the oil price by lowering production etc.
Cooking oil is much cheaper now and a deisel is designed to run on anything fine if you like the smelll of chips lol
We do have a crap govenment but they are all the same we will end up like in egypt, the students a few months back are just the start
as for keeping the motor home as a second motor i find the insurance cheap and fuel is the only issue £110 to fill up compared to my car at £70 and the MPG
hey it happening all over europe fuel in france is 1.30 euro
good luck with the petition but it wont do no good:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Egyptians had no alternative before taking to the streets .

I don't see that they have achieved anything. Bit of pride. Now they are under totalitarian dictatorship with no parliament. They see it as progress, oh well.

Just like "our" fuel rebellion years ago, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'm afraid the country is broke, fuel is fuelling the economy, they can't back down.

What we can do is minimise our use of fuel. Somehow.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
OSTRICH ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It may well get the same response but at least we the signers tried :ROFLMAO:
terry
Hi Terry there is also a pastime known as trying to knit Fog

Have you tried that yet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh:
Geo
ever the optomist:RollEyes:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
OK, the Poll Tax riots resulted in that tax being replaced - is the amount paid by most households in local tax any lower as a result? It may be for a few but certainly not for the vast majority.

The people that were voted in have done what they are paid to do - they have come up with what they believe is the best way forward. If people feel that is unjust they have to show why it is unjust and what can be put in its place which is just. All this campaign is saying is that it's not fair - as we all know life isn't fair.

Hi Graham,what alternatives do you need ?
Costed ones, Terry, like I said :Smile:

IF WE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THINGS LIKE THIS THEN THE GOVERNMENT WILL JUST KEEP ON RISING FUEL DUTIES.
At least this is giving the motorist a voice to say enough :winky:
It's hardly surprising given the extent of vehicle ownership these days because it means that the majority of the population pay the tax.

A few alternatives could be to stop giving foreign aid and pay off our debts with that money
Stop giving assistance for stupid non working wind farms and solar farms that are costing us millions for little or no return
Same for electric cars / hybrid that do about 50 / 60 mpg when a normal diesel car gets 70 mpg
I could carry on but I am busy signing the petition :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry
Fair enough but how do the figures work out? How much would such spending reductions allow fuel duty to be reduced? What adverse effects on trade would have to be taken into account of foreign aid were to be reduced?
I'm not expecting you to answer, Terry, but without such answers coming from organisers of this sort of campaign then the argument is incomplete.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Do you remember petrolprices.com Brendon Mc Maclochan? name

It was going to be a lobby on fuel prices but now in a bl**dy marketing machine with loads of our email addresses:Doh:

He's a bl**dy nuisance

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Graham I have no idea how to start and imagine the sums involved :thumb:All I do know is they have to make a start at reducing our debts (which they have :ROFLMAO:)

Make me in charge and give me a few weeks to figure it all out :thumb:
Pay me a bonus of 10 million if I solve the problem or create a bigger one :Doh: then I shall go away and not give a dam about anything other than enjoying my new found freedom from the rat race, and have the money to enjoy my retirement,:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
The country is run by millionaires,for millionaires so they can keep making there millions.
You show me a rich politician that would advocate a 1% rise in income tax or even a wealth tax,you bet your life there is'nt,

The mindset of today's Goverment is tax the lowest paid hardest first,then the middle income people next,and if you really really must the high earners last,and by the way don't hit the BANKS to hard.:Angry::Angry:

As for Egypt and its people, here's hoping your sacrifices will reap there rewards,they have earnt it.

The British Goverment on the other hand would never dream that the British people would rise up in protest at some of the levy's being demanded of its people,they have been doing it for so long,and we equally have accepted it for so long...........:Sad:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
The trouble is fuel prices as a tax is not fair as it affects the poor far harder than the wealthy.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I posted to inform, vote or don't.. end of story..

No one is pulling your finger nails out to make you vote .. don't know why I bother ..:RollEyes:

Because I like to see what going on in the world and member's like your goodself flag things up for us.

From me thank Jim:winky::thumb:

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
No offence intended to you ScotJimland you make a valid point.

But its not my "fingernails" that are hurting,its "my wallet":cry::cry:

Regards
Steve:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I used to go for a run in the car everyday just to get out.

Now going shopping is the highlight of my week and even that's a nightmare pricewise.

Its ridiculous and the banks are making record profits again:Doh::cry:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
No offence intended to you ScotJimland you make a valid point.

But its not my "fingernails" that are hurting,its "my wallet":cry::cry:

Regards
Steve:thumb:

none taken, I didn't see your post.. before spitting the dummy out :roflmto:

but seriously, if our fore fathers had the kind of attitude I see expressed by some on this thread we would still be eating our sarnies at the work bench, working for 6p an hour, 84hr week, .. and doffing our caps and saying thank e boss, as we said goodnight to our benevolent governor..

Whether a campaign is successful or not , the important thing is to show our grievance .. the Egyptians may end up with a worse government, but at least they have stood up to be counted after 8,000 years of dictatorship.. The Cubans may be in a worse situation.. but they too have their pride ..
Doing nothing is the easy option.. but until it really hurts most will do nothing.. :Sad:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I don't see that they have achieved anything. Bit of pride. Now they are under totalitarian dictatorship with no parliament. They see it as progress, oh well.
Just like "our" fuel rebellion years ago, we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
I'm afraid the country is broke, fuel is fuelling the economy, they can't back down.
What we can do is minimise our use of fuel. Somehow.
I could possibly help you out with that one :Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The country is run by millionaires,for millionaires so they can keep making there millions.
You show me a rich politician that would advocate a 1% rise in income tax or even a wealth tax,you bet your life there is'nt,
The mindset of today's Goverment is tax the lowest paid hardest first,then the middle income people next,and if you really really must the high earners last,and by the way don't hit the BANKS to hard.:Angry::Angry:
As for Egypt and its people, here's hoping your sacrifices will reap there rewards,they have earnt it.
The British Goverment on the other hand would never dream that the British people would rise up in protest at some of the levy's being demanded of its people,they have been doing it for so long,and we equally have accepted it for so long...........:Sad:
I see that Jim has gone out of his way to thank you for your political statement Red Dragon yet my attempt was condemned as too political for comment.:winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
but seriously, if our fore fathers had the kind of attitude I see expressed by some on this thread we would still be eating our sarnies at the work bench, working for 6p an hour, 84hr week, .. and doffing our caps and saying thank e boss, as we said goodnight to our benevolent governor..

That would be the Father of the Chapel would it? ::bigsmile:

Seriously though. Exploitation (whether it be by some (not all) factory owners as practicised in the 19th century, by Britain of much of the rest of the world at the same time of by the rulers of Egypt over the last 30 years) is a far different thing from the modern tax regime in this country. Whether we like it or not - and it's just the same as paying of a domestic credit card - we can't get away from the fact that we cannot pay ourselves more than we produce.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Buttons was not my intention to enter into a political debate,I was merely having a rant:Angry::Angry:
I fully agree that we are, and have for many years,spent more than we earn as a Nation and now must pay the price so to speak.

It is going to hurt, but this is a National problem and everybody including the financial institutions should pay there way proportionate to there size and wealth,this debt did'nt happen overnight and succesive goverments have ignored it.

Now it cannot be hidden under the carpet so its payback time.

Steve.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
What fun you bright young things are having, and all without politics!

The only immediate answer is to spend as long as possible touring where the price of diesel - including tax - is cheaper. France? Morocco?

Another idea is to collect all the funsters together, and we can float away in a hot air balloon.

Keep 'em coming, funsters!!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
giving 280 million pound a year to India who does not need that aid is not helping to keep our taxes down. time for an armed uprising, sedition, whatever. Who will offer to blow up Parliament. Our government and future governments need stop bleeding the British public dry to fund their delusions of being a world power.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back