georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
hi can anybody tell me what it involves getting a c1 on my licence to drive a larger motorhome do you have to go in for a seperate test ect ???

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Your standard car licence will cover you for C1 ( 7.5 tonner class) if held before 1997. Or it gives you the 'Provisional entitlement ' for the next class up. You will have to take another driving test ( at your own expense) to get the C1. Obtain necessary forms from your local post office ( before they are all sold off!!!). Then send to DVLA with some of your English / Scottish Pounds & apply for lessons locally ( look on yell.com for HGV instruction in your area)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Now Geo, clearly you must have reached your 70th birthday so you must have passed your test before 1997.
So you now need to give your doctor around £85 to fill out a form so you can keep driving your RV after your birthday.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Now Geo, clearly you must have reached your 70th birthday so you must have passed your test before 1997.
So you now need to give your doctor around £85 to fill out a form so you can keep driving your RV after your birthday.
See Now your confusing every body
But thats not hard to do on here:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That not me Keith:Eeek:
Georgie Boy has pinched me avatar:Doh: whislt im pushing the We need Your Vote version
Wilma will not be best pleased when she sees it:shout:
The real Geo

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Oooooooops there goes another senior moment.......... should have gone to you know who.
:Doh:

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp

no sorry just hit 51 and passed my test 4 yrs ago

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
See Now your confusing every body
But thats not hard to do on here:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That not me Keith:Eeek:
Georgie Boy has pinched me avatar:Doh: whislt im pushing the We need Your Vote version
Wilma will not be best pleased when she sees it:shout:
The real Geo
i was going to mention it but then thought....what the hell...let the sparks fly :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
no sorry just hit 51 and passed my test 4 yrs ago
same scenario, not sure about the medical but probably, apply for C1 provisional then get PROPER lessons.....to many test vehicle specifications to do it yourself....special mirrors for tester etc.

i believe it costs around £1000 for lessons and BOTH tests....theory and practical plus possibly a hazard perception test (definate for C class HGV)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
If you go for the training, dont let the training school convince you that you will need the Drivers' CPC.
You dont need it for non commercial purposes.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
hi can anybody tell me what it involves getting a c1 on my licence to drive a larger motorhome do you have to go in for a seperate test ect ???

Hi Georgie boy.

First if you passed your test after Jan 97 then you do not have 'C1' on your licence, and I am assumeing this is the case.

Second, don't bother taking 'C1' do a catagry 'C' this is the same test the same cost and gives 2 licence catagories (C1 & C) for the price of one.

The first thing you will need to do is a medical for a vocational licence the form for this are avilable from the DVLA or I can send them to you, the post office dosn't stock them so you won't get them there.

Once you have done your medical you then send all the forms to the DVLA with your licence to have the provisional entitlement added to your licence.

When your licence is returned you then need to a theory test and hazard perception test, if you feel you may want to use your licence for reward you will also have to take an initial driver CPC part 2 as well.

This completed your next step is practical training and test.

you may find this better explained on our web site www.dataacademy.co.uk

Hope this helps feel free to call me if you need any thing explaining.

All the best Rick.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
If you go for the training, dont let the training school convince you that you will need the Drivers' CPC.
You dont need it for non commercial purposes.

I didn'd see this before I posted but you are correct providing the candidate is over 21 under 21 they have to do the Initial driver CPC irespective of what they are taking the licence for as that effectively took place of the young drivers scheme. Read my post.

All the best Rick.

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
hi rick
thanks for your help makes it clear for me, what doe you think the total cost would be ????

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Licence

hi there georgie boy i took my c class licence 12 months ago.the theory and hazard perception cost about £100-00 and the practical training and test cost about £1100-00.
in my opinion money well spent :thumb: regards brian jo and josh

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Well Georgie Boy - you had me going there for a minute. I wondered what you (or should I say Geo) was up to.

You need to watch it with that avatar - you never know what I might do or say :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back