Anyone been here! (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Haven't stayed at that site but I have taken my family to that area for a holiday...It was beautiful...well worth it if you enjoy scenery and walking...

The minimal lighting sounds good to me as well as I enjoy looking upwards at night.

Was doing it here at Delph Bank last night (but wont be tonight as its chucking it down with rain)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are looking at going to RivenDale Derbyshire Peak District for end of next week aslong as our little one is better.

http://www.rivendalecaravanpark.co.uk/

Looks a great site in interesting surroundings..

Craig.

It's mighty cold, bring warm cloths.

Personally I prefer the Peaks round Castleton/Hathersage. More touristy things to see, like caves, dams ( including the Dam Busters practice route ).

But not far from Ashbourne, Matlock Bath has good attractions and a cable car.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We were there two weeks ago. The site is OK but apart from the toilet/shower block and cafe none of the facilities were open. The bar restaurant was closed, the spa is'nt built yet and the hot tubs were still being renovated. Having said that the staff were very helpful and the surrounding area is superb. If you are going in half term, they may well open up the bar. The worst part of our trip was that the weather was a bit inclement and with all the quarry traffic in the surrounding areas, the roads were absolutely filthy, as was the van.
As Brian said, Ashbourne is just down the road, Buxton is just up the road and Matlock/Matlock bath is'nt far away either. Plus you should pay a visit to Carsington water where there is a good tea room and cafe and a 7km cycle and walking path round the reservoir plus many water sport activities. There is a very good CC site adjacent to Carsington.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We spent a few days at Rivendale a year or so ago. A nice site with good facilities, good walking and cycling nearby. A bit of a way from the nearest shops and pubs, however the on-site bar and restaurant was very good if a little expensive.

Brisey

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Rivendale

We spent 2 nights at Rivendale last year after the NEC,we thought it was a good site for walks and cycling.
The pitches were all hard standing- which was good in the winter.
An extra bonus for us was that they take Camping Cheques that we always buy with our ferry bookings with the CClub
We would certainly use it again
Sue

OP
OP
W18BLA

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
Booked it and staying Thur,Fri,Sat and leave sunday next week thanks all...

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
We stay there one or two times a year it is not far from us and makes for a good weekend away. The trail is only across the road for miles of cycling or walking . Ok it is a good way to a supermarket . With regard to local pubs the one in Bigin ( wellington ) is not far and if you go right on the trail you come to the Oak which is on the side of the trail great food in there also they have a camp site but only for tents. Pub in the peak I think is their web site. The wellington also has a camp site and they do take vans and motorhomes .

Regards

Lampie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back