Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I am thinking of buying a generator
What size would I need to power a 750w micro wave
I don,t want to go too large due to the wieght

Any one know of any good offers on generators at the moment ?

Thanks
Chrisboyo

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
2kva probably is what most will say on the grounds that start up of the micro is possibly double the 750 rating.

Hocky54

Free Member
Feb 6, 2011
Lowestoft Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel Dutchmen Denali
Exp
Generator size

Thanks
Chrisboyo

The problem you will have is that all the load of the RV will be on when you are micky waving so based on the max requirements of either 10Amp or 16Amp you will need either of the following.....

2.25Kw
3.6Kw

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Thanks
Chrisboyo

Dont buy a 'cheapo' gennie as they will screw up TV's and other electonic devices due to being non sine wave.

We have just started to stock Hyundai suitcase ones 1kw, 2kw and 2.8kw and theres Funsters discount on those and free deliivery:thumb:

Peter

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
I would think that the 750 w is the output power NOT the input --------I guess it would draw 1500-2000 w ???? so , I would guess you would need a 2/2.5 Kw genny ??-----is the microwave that important that you should carry that much weight/volume and thirsty a genny just to run it ????
Nigel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Kipor 2kw £ 375 buy now and £10.00 delivery charge in the uk :thumb: gives about 1600kw constant and about 1900kw start up....PURE SIGNWAVE PETROL GENNIE

Link Removed

22kg weight

Link Removed

this is a 2.6kw
Link Removed

26kg weight

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZBKlMmHlo&feature=related[/ame]
Mel

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the bigger the better

We have a 1700 watt microwave cooker in our RV and we have a 4 kw to :thumb:run it built in to the chassis. we also have a sterling invertor that is 1500 watts that is pure sin wave and that will not run it.. so I would say buy as big as you can afford. extra power rather than boarder line it.

Bob

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Kipor 2kw £ 375 buy now and £10.00 delivery charge in the uk :thumb: gives about 1600kw constant and about 1900kw start up....PURE SIGNWAVE PETROL GENNIE

Link Removed

22kg weight

Link Removed

this is a 2.6kw
Link Removed

26kg weight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZBKlMmHlo&feature=related
Mel

I think ?? you will find the Hyundai is 27kg as apposed to the Kipor 22kg for the for the same watt (2000w) and the Hyundai is £ 200 + more expensive.:Doh: as you was looking for good offers and a weight problem ( "I don,t want to go too large due to the weight") :thumb: maybe the Kipor is the way to go

Mel

H14KLY

Free Member
Jul 4, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
my kipor lasted all of three times used then started blowing out lots of smoke and showing overload even tho it had nothing attached to it so not good genny in my book i never by another that brand

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
my kipor lasted all of three times used then started blowing out lots of smoke and showing overload even tho it had nothing attached to it so not good genny in my book i never by another that brand

My 2kw Kipor genny has run over a year now no problem done all I have asked from it when I have asked it and most of the times I am running 1400w up to 1700w ....no problems what so ever.... I can not complain:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We bought a Hyundii 1kw and that would light the light in the 850 Microwave and make the turntable turn but would not cook - so we bought a 2kva Honda and that does not even break into a sweat running it - so any one want to buy a Hyundii 1kw genny hardly used and less than 2 years old :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As I said earlier more power

We bought a Hyundii 1kw and that would light the light in the 850 Microwave and make the turntable turn but would not cook - so we bought a 2kva Honda and that does not even break into a sweat running it - so any one want to buy a Hyundii 1kw genny hardly used and less than 2 years old :ROFLMAO:

As I said earlier Bill it is better to have more owed than less.. Microwaves need a lot of start up power.. If you look at the micro waveinstruction you will see it is far in excess of the rated amount it is sold at.

I agree Bill you need a good 2 kv to be able to run a micro wave.. Watch the under power units struggle when a load is applied.. Henceas you know Bill the minimum that an RV has is 4 kv... We only run air cons and microwaves and even at 4 kv you cannot normally run both together. So go over the top and buy more power than you think you may need.

Bob:thumb:

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years

If you were closer I may well have been interested in taking you up on that :Sad:

Currently looking at generators and don't need anything large as no plans to run a microwave and most things in the van run 12v (TV, lights etc) so this would be to charge the batteries and also charge phones / laptops etc only.

However looking at the new prices it appears the difference in price between the 1Kw and 2Kw systems is only small so no point in buying a 1Kw one.

If I did get a 2Kw one, would it run the aircon unit in the habitation space? :Eeek:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Until mine was stolen had a lovely 2KW Kipor and was great but sometime just tripped in with microwave.

Whwen buying again would buy the 2.6KW Kipor:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mel, didn't you get a guarantee with your gennie?
Huh !!! i got a 12 month warrenty with my 2.6kva kipor but as usual, the genny quit shortly after the warrenty ended.

£300 for a new inverter card.....£475 for a new kipor.

no brainer really...i'll just use my 5.5kva onboard genny and an inverter.

after i get an LPG conversion kit for it of course to make it viable. :Sad:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel, didn't you get a guarantee with your gennie?

Imprint......not sure what you are asking :Doh:
"Mel, didn't you get a guarantee with your gennie?":Eeek:

My gennie is fine::bigsmile:... I have had no problems ::bigsmile: so why the guarantee..????? worry

Mel:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Someone is talking apples and.......

It seems that someone is talking about apples and the other is talking about oranges... Very entertaining when people loose the thread... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.. What warrenty? Me gov? No not me:Blush:

Bob:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Imprint......not sure what you are asking :Doh:
"Mel, didn't you get a guarantee with your gennie?":Eeek:

My gennie is fine::bigsmile:... I have had no problems ::bigsmile: so why the guarantee..????? worry

Mel:thumb:

Imprint did you mean H14KLY:Doh:Quote "my kipor lasted all of three times used then started blowing out lots of smoke and showing overload even tho it had nothing attached to it ":shout:

Mel

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Back to the original thread ...................................:ROFLMAO:

...............I agree with Bob, if you are going to the expense of buying a genny get one with power to spare.

What happens when you want to use the Halogen oven ( you know you want one) as well as the mike :Doh:

OP
OP
chrisboyo

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Thanks for all the info fellow funsters

I have purchased a new 2kva Kipor off ebay £325 inc VAT & pp
Not bad, as I can reclaim the vat

I would not normaly have bought a genny but as I need a new one for the business I thought it would be good to get one that we could use on the MH
My old genny is on it,s last legs and is only 750w
I use it mainly for lighting and small power tools

Thanks again:thumb:
Chrisboyo

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good price Chris almost a third of the price of a similar Honda. :thumb: A 2kva Kipor you say... You'd better learn sign language from another Kipor owning funsters:winky:::bigsmile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Did you get your money back or a replacement with it being a new KIPOR:thumb: under warranty::bigsmile:.......or was it a used Kipor when you bought it.:Doh::cry:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Good price Chris almost a third of the price of a similar Honda. :thumb: A 2kva Kipor you say... You'd better learn sign language from another Kipor owning funsters:winky:::bigsmile:

Jim, if he eats Chinese at a take away, he will be fine......no difference in the language:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel

H14KLY

Free Member
Jul 4, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
Just for your information it was :Doh:brand new when purchased kept in dry store used 2 or 3 times over 2 years, when u mention warranty to kipor they say what warranty, you do better with a honda . Nuff said

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

this is a 2.6kw
Link Removed

26kg weight

Mel

have you checked out his feedback on the 2.6 kipor item? http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI...ch=negative&interval=30&_trkparms=negative_30

wouldnt touch it with a blunt stick. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back