French Vets (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Does anyone know if French vets only work Monday to Friday? we are going over sometime and will need to get our dog seen by a French vet for the return, so I will need to know before booking the chunnel.

A list of Vets and opening times on here would be great, Mr Google has not found one yet.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I use a vet at Forges les Eaux, north of Rouen, couple of hours from tunnel. Open on Saturday, if on your route let me know and I will post full details.

Mike

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
it will depend on the vet you are going to use. What day are you planning on sailing back? If a Sunday the dog can have its check on the Friday evening surgery it would then be clear to travel back from Saturday evening up till the same time Sunday evening that it had had its jab on the Friday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we use a vet in Amiens 29euros

I have posted details before on the site. But if anyone wants details p.m. me.

He has timed appointments from 2.30 in the afternoon.. Dr Bova speaks good English and has done many UK dogs for the home trip. ACSI camp site near by or a couple hours back to the tunnel.

Just make sure whatever vet you use that he stamps the passport in three places.. the pet control at the tunnel will pass you the chip reader so you need to know where the chip is..i.e should rough etc., then they match the reading and check for the three stamps.. before you can proceed. last trip we saw three people there having issues.. one had the dog taken in to care, and the others were waiting for the duty vet (22.00 hrs) ..expensive call out.

The vet we use knows the ropes, has parking oposite or round the corner in a Lidl car park..no barriers and I get my yank and trailer in the car park.

Bob:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
have sent you the p.m requested

He has timed appointments from 2.30 in the afternoon.. Dr Bova speaks good English and has done many UK dogs for the home trip. ACSI camp site near by or a couple hours back to the tunnel.

Just make sure whatever vet you use that he stamps the passport in three places.. the pet control at the tunnel will pass you the chip reader so you need to know where the chip is..i.e should rough etc., then they match the reading and check for the three stamps.. before you can proceed. last trip we saw three people there having issues.. one had the dog taken in to care, and the others were waiting for the duty vet (22.00 hrs) ..expensive call out.

The vet we use knows the ropes, has parking oposite or round the corner in a Lidl car park..no barriers and I get my yank and trailer in the car park.

Have sent the p.m you requested.. hope that will help..but call me on the number i have given if you need any further info or in general I will do my best to give you the info or direct you to someone that can.

All had to start doing it sometime .. it is a doggy thing.

sparky_speedy

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Funster No
Dane

We use a vet in St Omer, they are English speaking. vet-clin-hautpont-stomer.com

We stay at this campsite www.campinglachaumiere.com just outside St Omer and Bernadette the co-owner works at the vet part time and organises the appointment for you. They also have a restaurant with home cooked food which serves at weekends in low season and all week i beleive in high season.

have a look and see what you think. you could always just book the vet and stay elsewhere.

we have been 3 times now and excellent service from both vet and campsite.
Debbie

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Dane

We use a vet in St Omer, they are English speaking. vet-clin-hautpont-stomer.com

We stay at this campsite www.campinglachaumiere.com just outside St Omer and Bernadette the co-owner works at the vet part time and organises the appointment for you. They also have a restaurant with home cooked food which serves at weekends in low season and all week i beleive in high season.

have a look and see what you think. you could always just book the vet and stay elsewhere.

we have been 3 times now and excellent service from both vet and campsite.
Debbie

Looks just the job Debs, do you know the vets days of opening by any chance? If not I can give the site ring and ask.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Bob,

I am going to Newark so I will bend your ear there if that's ok. Been to France plenty of times but without Charlie our Cairn terrier.

sparky_speedy

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Funster No
Dane

i don't know offhand but i remember looking last year on their website and the times didn't seem to tie in with our tunnel crossing, but when i emailed Bernadette she managed to fit us in. i'll look when i get home and see the times we went last year as we had a tunnel crossing back about 11am Sunday morning.

Deb

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004

Why three times Bob?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You cannot miss me ..look for the St Bernard

Bob,

I am going to Newark so I will bend your ear there if that's ok. Been to France plenty of times but without Charlie our Cairn terrier.

Yes fine, anyone can bend my ears.. Get plenty of that from SWMBO... ..easy to spot.. One of the smaller American RV's .. And I suspect the only St Bernard trying to pull a wheelchair or electric buggy along.:Blush:

The Vet near St Omar sounds good... Worth checking out... Ours is useful on the way up from the Spanish side or the South of France... We use a nice camp site in Neufhatel-en-bray... ACIS 974 page 409 2011 issue.. Easy run from there to Amiens ..then a run up either to site 948 just north of Amiens and up to Abbeyville and along the a16 back to the tunnel. Or if you prefer across county on the n25 to Bruay-le-Buissiere then back on to the A 1 and back to the tunnel that way...skirting St Omar.

Anyway look me up at Newark for a chat... The RV is a Small B class Winnebago Aspect.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back