maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I'm thinking of taking up an insurance quote from Comfort but their £3,000 glass limit is putting me off a bit as the van is an A-Class. Most other insurers do unlimited windscreen cover (with the notable execption of Caravan Guard who only offered £1,000 limit!). Have been unable to get any sense out of AutoGlass for the cost of windscreen replacement. They just lamely say that the van (Burstner Elegance i821) doesn't come up on their computer!

The dealer I'm buying the van from has managed to get a price for the windscreen itself of £950 +VAT. The cost of pillar covers (which apparently often get damaged during the replacement process) is £520 +VAT. However, he's just guessing that AutoGlass won't charge more than £1,000 to fit the screen. This brings me fairly close to the £3,000 limit.

Has anyone here had to get a similar windscreen replaced? If so, what did it cost? And does anyone know how to get an accurate estimate of windscreen replacement costs?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
£3k will cover most if not all A class screens £4k for the odd ones
But you have an awfull lot more Glass than just your screen
Im struggling to get a fixed price from Germany for a job i have on and im trade so you have little chance other than a quote from a fiiting company
Geo
ps a thousand for fitting seems high to me 3-4 hundred is ample unless there profiteering

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Maz

There is a Burstner Owners Club, perhaps asking your question on there may get you a definitive answer.

Link Removed

Brisey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
In a conversation with Comfort last year I seem to recall being told that they had a special arrangement for the replacement of A class windscreens at a much lower price than normal.

Might be an idea to ring them and check this info.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
In a conversation with Comfort last year I seem to recall being told that they had a special arrangement for the replacement of A class windscreens at a much lower price than normal.

Might be an idea to ring them and check this info.

Thank you - I will do that. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back