Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi

Anybody used this 5 van Site in Ripon?

Thought we would give it a try last weekend in Feb as looks very nice ::bigsmile: Alan

Link Removed

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Not used the CS but have been on the rally field which is adjacent - the C&CC use it as a Temporary Holiday Site every year. It's a really lovely spot, right on the canal which you can walk along right into Ripon so you can leave the MH behind. If it's 'sitting-out' weather, you can simply watch the boats going up and down the canal. It really is a lovely spot, the view is actually better from the rally field than the CS as the rally field runs right down to the canal bank. Book it and enjoy.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Not used Lockside, but we have been to the CS below, on the other side of the town. I think Lockside looks lovely, but have been concerned at its proximity to the by-pass.

<Link Removed>

Owned by Mr Longster who is a very helpful chap. He does not live at the site, but visits every day. Quiet setting in trees and 'out of the way'. Highly recommended - we have visited for the last 3 years. About 20 minutes walk to the centre of town, and very close to the footpath to Studley Royal.

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
reasonable

Not used the CS but have been on the rally field which is adjacent - the C&CC use it as a Temporary Holiday Site every year. It's a really lovely spot, right on the canal which you can walk along right into Ripon so you can leave the MH behind. If it's 'sitting-out' weather, you can simply watch the boats going up and down the canal. It really is a lovely spot, the view is actually better from the rally field than the CS as the rally field runs right down to the canal bank. Book it and enjoy.
Hi decided to book for 2 vans ,good friends of mine did the booking for me. very reasonable prices £11 per van per night ,plus £5.00 for leccy card . Total £27.00 per van for weekend . Alan:thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
You may know about this, but if you want to visit Harrogate, the Number 36 bus is a great service. It runs about every 20 minutes from Ripon bus station and is very well fitted out - nicer than a standard town bus even though it's a double-decker. Even better if, like us, you are holders of the bus pass for people of a 'certain age'.

Link Removed

Philip

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yes we've been a few times for rallies. Nice walks both ways along the canal. We've walked many times into Ripon for a drink or to to eat out. So you dont need to have a car. Unless walkings a problem , of course.
If your using the rally field ( down to the canal ) you'd need your ramps.
Its quite a slope , and i wouldn't think of taking the MH down it if it was forecast rain , or already wet.
We've been with the caravan ( more than the MH ) and managed to get up the slope tugging even in snow , which we woke up to one Easter weekend .

Cant say i noticed the bypass noise.
The fact we were rallying may of helped .
Tends to be less of a peaceful quiet weekend:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back