Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have found the place on Google sat and it does not look like the pictures!!!

Doug...

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
10 a week or 5 per night for long stay:Doh:
somethings wrong with his maths, his prices are all over the place

10.50 a week if for a year Geo that's how I read it. :RollEyes:

I'm closest so I'll check it out next month. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Looks alright to me...perfect for chilling out,what more could you want than a cheap restaurant and bar all in the sun:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I long to think I can finally make it down there and chill, also going to stay at another laqndowner property JJ's:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I was not referring to the vehicle's but to the geography.

So was I Doug, my point was that some Google satelite images are years out of date, the ones of my place are at least 5 years old and you would not recocgnise it now from the google image.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
So was I Doug, my point was that some Google satelite images are years out of date, the ones of my place are at least 5 years old and you would not recocgnise it now from the google image.

Have you also dug a river on your site?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Wasnt this place on the forum a few weeks ago? I seem to remember it with pics of area and a google map location, think the guy came on and advertized his site in his first post

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I have found the place on Google sat and it does not look like the pictures!!!

Doug...

Hi Doug

can you help me out,
what coordinates did you use, I can't decipher the ones given on the site .. they don't make sense

Are they: degrees, Minutes, Seconds , (which they look like) or Decimal Degrees ?

N 37° 10.372
W 8° 36 794

Conversion utility here Link Removed

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Hi Doug

can you help me out,
what coordinates did you use, I can't decipher the ones given on the site .. they don't make sense

Are they: degrees, Minutes, Seconds , (which they look like) or Decimal Degrees ?

N 37° 10.372
W 8° 36 794

Conversion utility here Link Removed

In the westerly the decimal point is missing, it goes in the Gap between the 35 and 794.

If you are using google it will work ok but on another program you may need to change the format.

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Wasnt this place on the forum a few weeks ago? I seem to remember it with pics of area and a google map location, think the guy came on and advertized his site in his first post

Yes he spammed us with the link so it was deleted. Looks like a nice place to stay.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
In the westerly the decimal point is missing, it goes in the Gap between the 35 and 794.

If you are using google it will work ok but on another program you may need to change the format.

Doug...

Thanks,
I tried that and it works.. kind of , but can't see anything that looks like a site .. tele atlas map date is 2011

I reckon the coordinates are wrong.. they are a mix of deg/min/sec and decimal :Doh:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Thanks,
I tried that and it works.. kind of , but can't see anything that looks like a site .. tele atlas map date is 2011

I reckon the coordinates are wrong.. they are a mix of deg/min/sec and decimal :Doh:

The format that was used was (WGS84) (dd'mm.mmm)

Doug

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
I heard about this some time ago and have it on a Google Map, (below) but don't know where I got the co-ords from. They are close to each other.

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I heard about this some time ago and have it on a Google Map, (below) but don't know where I got the co-ords from. They are close to each other.

Link Removed

Thanks Keith .. that looks like it ...:thumb:

the coordinates for the poi on your map are

37.172701,-8.612651

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Thanks Keith .. that looks like it ...:thumb:

the coordinates for the poi on your map are

37.172701,-8.612651

Yes that's the ones Jim

I was told about it some time ago by someone long staying in Logos. I must see if they have been to check it out.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp

Link Removed

That position is different than the one given in the original post, IE its on the opposite side of the road, It maybe the correct position as it has a small river and the other one does not.

Doug...

charliebarnwell

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Isle if Portland
Funster No
we are heading to Portugal next week when we leave Zahora so will go and check it out and leave some feedback on here.
Like the way they describe it as 'rustic'

Anyone know what I need to put into Garmin (where the points go)?

Barny

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
The Chicken Run camp site & parking

In answer to all queries about this site.

Just spent 10 days there & throughly enjoyed it. It's a real chill out place being in a very quiet valley with a narrow access road but large MH do get down, we have 2 8m + at present. They also have static caravan on site so that made it down, and the waste collection trucks also make it.

It is run by an English couple, Andrew & Lesley, who give a real welcome to us.

On here with 4 others who also are enjoying it.

It is rustic as currently they are developing it. It is about 1 km from 2 small villages with shops & restaurants. If you want the owners will run you down to the village for free. They will also take you further for a charge of a few Euros, including shopping trips to local large super markets.

The owners also grow organic fruit & veg that is available to campers, sometimes for free.

For all facilities it's 7 euros a night, drops to 5 euros for long stays, over 30 nights. Electricity 2.50 euros a night (for 13 amp electric).

You can park only for 1 euro per night, but no facilities for this other than the dump (drive over)

Link Removed this is the accurate position, although there's not many places on this road so you cannot miss it.

Link Removed

Last edited:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
In answer to all queries about this site.

Just spent 10 days there & throughly enjoyed it. It's a real chill out place being in a very quiet valley with a narrow access road but large MH do get down, we have 2 8m + at present. They also have static caravan on site so that made it down, and the waste collection trucks also make it.

It is run by an English couple, Andrew & Lesley, who give a real welcome to us.

On here with 4 others who also are enjoying it.

It is rustic as currently they are developing it. It is about 1 km from 2 small villages with shops & restaurants. If you want the owners will run you down to the village for free. They will also take you further for a charge of a few Euros, including shopping trips to local large super markets.

The owners also grow organic fruit & veg that is available to campers, sometimes for free.

For all facilities it's 7 euros a night, drops to 5 euros for long stays, over 30 nights. Electricity 2.50 euros a night (for 13 amp electric).

You can park only for 1 euro per night, but no facilities for this other than the dump (drive over)

Link Removed this is the accurate position, although there's not many places on this road so you cannot miss it.

Link Removed

Keith, Can you confirm the parking only for 1 Euro a night? I am on the site now and we have been here for 4 days, when we arrived we made it clear that we only wanted to park and did not want any services, which we have not used, but we just asked for the bill and they have charged 5 Euros a night for parking.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back