Just bought a Knaus Sun Ti 650MF (1 Viewer)

redhotrods

Free Member
Feb 7, 2011
wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hi there,
I have Finally bought a 2006 Knaus Sun Ti 650 MF. We are now planning our first trip starting next week. We are looking to travel down through France into Northern Italy any advice would be gratefully received, we have no idea what we are doing!

Gaz

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Gaz, welcome to the fun. what info are you looking for specificaly?

e are traveeling to the Alps next week with a few others, so may be able to point you in the right direction :thumb:

OP
OP
R

redhotrods

Free Member
Feb 7, 2011
wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I've just been reading your post about Val Thoren, sounds great but I have a 6 month old baby so it's not practical yet. I might stop at La Tania on the way back for a days skiing though.
The info I'm after really relates to the 'Aire De Service' how safe are they and is there likely to be other motorhomes there in February. We are going to dart down to the south coast of France which is an area I'm familiar with but only in hotels.

Gaz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Welcome to the forum Gaz.

hope you enjoy your travels.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi & Welcome, have a good trip in your Knaus, friends of ours have one lovely van.

Dale & Family

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
gaz,
If you do a forum search for Aires you will I am sure find lots of info. There will be people in Feb on aires, and we are one of them. The rule is, the more popular the place the more people will be there.
As for safety, there will be many conflicting views. Why not become a member and download Jims security handbook which you might find useful.
Personally I can only speak from experience and say we have found the aire network safe and fun but we always take precautions.

OP
OP
R

redhotrods

Free Member
Feb 7, 2011
wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Thanks Haganap,

I willl search the forum for Aires topics. I've just ordered 'All the Aires' from WHSmith, hope it arrives in time.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Thanks Haganap,

I willl search the forum for Aires topics. I've just ordered 'All the Aires' from WHSmith, hope it arrives in time.

How is your French?

if you get to Calais get the aire de camping car book. Much better with loads in, but in French so requires a little bit of translation.
Although some do, Aires are not generally the sort that are on Motorways. when we talk about Aires we talk about aire de camping cars. Again google the saying aire de camping car and you will see some internet sites from France with loactions and some reviews.
:thumb:

OP
OP
R

redhotrods

Free Member
Feb 7, 2011
wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Thats the sort of advice I've been hoping for! Thanks

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Congratulations on your new van... very highly spoken of... and huge respect for your up and coming trip with your family... enjoy!

I am not (and wasn't even when motorhoming with my family) a "planner".

We use to move around as and when we felt like it... if the kids wanted a beach we would find a beach... if they wanted to see the Eiffel tower we went there...

Many times we came across lovely locations on the road and just stopped there. We never had a campsite we had to get to "because we have booked and paid for it" but if we happened on a nice one (with a pool and a washing machine) we would stop there a day or two. For us this was the whole point of a motorhome... independence, flexibllity and freedom.

all the best...

JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back