maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
This show is coming up in Feb but I haven't seen any mention of it in the forums. Is it worth a visit, or is it not 'motorhomey' enough?

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
We're going, but that's not saying much! (Except we went last year, and enjoyed it.)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Well we will be there running the Fiamma stand as usual.:thumb:

Wont be any used motorhomes there, only brand new, depends on what yiu are looking for.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
If it's like the last 2 years, when I went, there'll be plenty of motorhome stuff. I've no need to visit this year...in fact I'm still recovering from last year and getting flashbacks :Eeek:

From experience.....if anyone is thinking of going....avoid Saturday if you can. It's very, very busy.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>I have been the last few years and always find plenty to look at. As Peter says there are no second hand Motorhomes but plenty of new ones and lots of accessories.:RollEyes: Also there are a many stands with details of UK and overseas destinations.
<o:p></o:p>I am aiming at going on the first day again (22<SUP>nd </SUP>). :thumb:
Mike

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thanks everyone. I've put it down as one to visit if I manage to win one of the free ticket competitions I've entered. Otherwise I might save myself for Peterborough. :Smile:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
NEC

hi there guys we will be there on the CC temporary site on the friday and saturday night,we are going to the show on the saturday.we will be in our windsport.if your passing just knock on the door and come in for a coffee:thumb: regards brian jo and josh:thumb:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
This show is coming up in Feb but I haven't seen any mention of it in the forums. Is it worth a visit, or is it not 'motorhomey' enough?

The only one worth doing IMHO, certainly for Motorhomes.
Also, IF you've got any energy left after looking at the 'vans, you can then go and see the boats as well, + the huge amount of accessory stands, I personally think its one of the best value shows going.
We did Manchester GMEX for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago and frankly, it was STILL rubbish.
Earls Court is OK, but definately not as good as NEC.

One tip, Take your own food/drink in a racksack (not a hand held bag cos its a pain to carry round) cos the food/drink prices are an utter disgrace at NEC.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
After much discussion of whether we take the motorhome and stay for the weekend our friends said they would like to go for the day, so thats what our plans now are. They have a 7 seater car, company fuel, free tickets so its gonna save us over £200 which we can now spend at the show :thumb:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Going to NEC and overnighting on site Tuesday.

Just booked for overnight tomorrow Tuesday at the CC site at the NEC. Giving the old Amethyst a run. Had it for 12 months and only used it once due to having a caravan (now sold) and the rather "tat" state when aquired. Only a bit of bodywork and a few bits and pieces to do now. Will be using this short trip as a shakedown. If we then need to buy anything at least there will be plenty of stock at the show. Just flushed and Miltoned the waterworks, the Autosleeper not mine and can you believed it was snowing a bit. If any of MHF crowd overnighting at the NEC our Amethyst has an OysterVision sat dish on top and the Reg number begins with OLL.

Regards 1OLL
from normally Sunny Macclesfield.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
One tip, Take your own food/drink in a racksack (not a hand held bag cos its a pain to carry round) cos the food/drink prices are an utter disgrace at NEC.
Absolutely Zaskar. The prices they charge are horrendous, as they know they have captive custom. :Angry:

We are going on Thursday 23rd, but just for the day.

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I like this show I think its the best one of the year will be going tomorrow Wed.
Love looking around the boats
But I'll be taking the backpack with sanwiches and flask their prices for refreshments are bloody disgusting.:thumb:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We are going for the day on Friday, any other Funsters going to be there that day?

Dale

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I like this show I think its the best one of the year will be going tomorrow Wed.
We would have done too Rory, if Rita hadn't been working. It's a shame we'll miss each other. :Sad:

Have a great day,

Jock.

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
We're going on Saturday. The Outdoors Show is running alongside so will be a very full day.

I wonder if we'll recognise anybody from their albums!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We're going on Friday by car with boating friends. They are looking for a satellite system and we are looking for LED replacement liights for the MH.:RollEyes:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We are also boating people so will be visiting both boat and motorhomes along with the outdoor show. You'll recognise me as I will be the woman who will be stressed out with 3 kids in tow, not all mine I might add:ROFLMAO:

Dale

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Went today on the way back from Cumbria, stayed at the Marston campsite which was fine. There is quite a good show of MH`s, although as it is called the `Boat and Caravan` show be prepared for a large amount of caravans. The boating section doesn`t really do it for me so we didn`t spend a lot of time there. Big section of park homes, usual suspects with the accessory stands etc.

Overall not a bad show, but watch out for the early queues for tickets if you have to buy one at the door, oh and the price of them of course :whatthe:

Oh yeh, nearly forgot, in the boating section is a F1 car driving challenge thingy, you know sit in the car and drive it round a video screen. Well, I had the fastest time up until we left so there is a challenge to see who gets the fastest time by the weekend :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back