Botanico heater (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looks ok , if a tad pricey, and with two heat settings it will be fine on most EHUs.. ..

despite what any maker claims, all fan heaters are noisy ..

for all round use I prefer an oil filled heater.. at around 800 watt .. and a fan heater for a quick heat up in the morning.

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Not familiar with this product, but it does look a little bulky.

Would you not be better opting for a flat style fan heater?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
What does anyone think about this heater to use when on hook-up?

http://grovesnurseries.co.uk/produc...enhouse+heater+2kw+with+frostguard-10201.aspx

Has anyone got one? Is it noisy?

Hi Maz
Link Removed
been using one like this for the last couple yrs and a similar one for 5/6 yrs before that :thumb:I have felt pen marks for heat settings that suits us ie night time and day time setting :thumb: Usually stick it in the front floor area between the seats blowing into the back.On the low setting -1000w- on slow fan it is not overly noisy-we sleep with it coming on and off and find it OK :thumb:
terry

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi,
Any reason why you can't use the heating on board when on hookup?
S

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi,
Any reason why you can't use the heating on board when on hookup?
S

Hi do you mean the on-board heater ? ie my Truma ? if so I use it only when not on H/Up
Reason being £15 fan heater to wear out as opposed to £500 Truma :winky: Also the Truma in my van is gas blown air and the leccy is free on h/up :thumb:
terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi do you mean the on-board heater ? ie my Truma ? if so I use it only when not on H/Up
Reason being £15 fan heater to wear out as opposed to £500 Truma :winky: Also the Truma in my van is gas blown air and the leccy is free on h/up :thumb:
terry

Agreed... unless it's metered leccy, then LPG is cheaper :winky:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
seems ok

Hi Maz,

For £20 that seems a bloody good deal, considering it`s for a greenhouse should make it a bit more robust than a cheapy, plus I like the frost setting, so can be left on over winter to protect the van.
We like it, think we`ll be getting one of those, thanks for bringing it to our attention. :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Maz,

For £20 that seems a bloody good deal, considering it`s for a greenhouse should make it a bit more robust than a cheapy, plus I like the frost setting, so can be left on over winter to protect the van.
We like it, think we`ll be getting one of those, thanks for bringing it to our attention. :thumb:

Most of them have a frost setting :thumb: The little Pifco's are well made and been around yrs :thumb: Pays your money and make your choice :winky:
terry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I like the frost setting, so can be left on over winter to protect the van.

Just me personally but I would never 'trust' a fan heater left unattended in a motorhome..

Yes, in the event of the fan failing it will have an overheat cut-out .. but I wouldn't be happy with that. .. if things can go wrong ... etc.

IMHO an oil filled heater with a frost stat is a lot safer .. but even these come with a warning not to leave unattended, but no doubt to absolve blame if it goes wrong ..

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi,
I can use use my heating on jusr electric when on hook up, without using any gas, and I think its the same on the Burstner 821.

I just leave in set to 1 (goes up to 9) which is about 8 degrees.
The thermostat will cut in at the appropiate times.

Should I not be doing this?

S

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi,
I can use use my heating on jusr electric when on hook up, without using any gas, and I think its the same on the Burstner 821.

Oooh, I hope so - that would be great. :Smile: I was thinking that it still needed LPG to heat the boiler and would just use the hook-up to power the pump.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi,

I just leave in set to 1 (goes up to 9) which is about 8 degrees.
The thermostat will cut in at the appropiate times.

Should I not be doing this?

S

Oooh, I hope so - that would be great. :Smile: I was thinking that it still needed LPG to heat the boiler and would just use the hook-up to power the pump.

Hi you need to know if your heater has both gas and electric elements - lots do but also lots don't ::bigsmile:
Yes it is fine to leave it on :thumb: My idea is that a 15 quid heater be it fan or oil is better to use than your 500 - 950 quid van heater,after all they all wear out eventually.? WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER PAY FOR A WORN OUT HEATER £15 OR £500 / 950
terry

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi you need to know if your heater has both gas and electric elements - lots do but also lots don't ::bigsmile:

Good news for me - the heater in the van I'm getting has an electric element as well. :thumb:

Think the Botanico heater looks a good alternative tho' - will check it out next time I'm near a garden centre.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

When I used to grow more plants in the greenhouse used one of these or similar, ours ran for 5 years almost continuously either as a heater or as a fan in hot weather. Just out of curiosity have just plugged it in still works OK.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, I think that one of the reasons that an oil heater should not be left unattended is in case it leaks:Eeek:

S

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi, I think that one of the reasons that an oil heater should not be left unattended is in case it leaks:Eeek:

S

That is correct, especially some of the cheap ones..

If you are buying as we were when to use 24/7, better to invest in a good quality one such as DeLonghi .. but then you pay a premium price .. Our two wall mounted slim line models were about £60 each .. but as I said, were on all day every day during winter.

If you leave a cheap one unattended better to sit on a metal tray such as a turkey roasting dish .. much as you do with a British made motorcycle :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back