pkurzok

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
australia
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
my tow car in surance companey dose not do morocco have not check the van people yet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
there is an insurance office at the border in Ceuta where you can buy 1/3 party cover, IIRC it cost us about 90euro

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We need Ray to clarify the situation, but the last he posted on the subject I belive it was not available at the border any longer, or at least for the time the post was relevent due to closure of the border offices if i remember right:Sad:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Yes, or should that be no....................... there is no insurance office at Ceuta!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There used to be one at Tangier,just through the barrier on the right,dont know if its still there.

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
............"Is my UK car insurance valid in Morocco?

Vehicles must have at least 3rd party insurance to be driven in Morocco, and you must have proof of such insurance in the form of a green card. If you are unable to get insurance for Morocco abroad, you will need to take out temporary insurance on arrival. This can be done in Tangier port (in an office on the right of the exit from customs) or at the Ceuta/Moroccan border. 5 days insurance at the frontier for a car costs approximately £ 30.

If your insurance policy expires during your stay in Morocco, you can obtain temporary insurance cover from local insurance companies..........."

Interesting post Jim and some usefull points....But if the UK embassy and FCO can't get it right what chance do the rest of us have :ROFLMAO:

The Ceuta insurance/money offices have been closed for around 3 years. There is, if you can find it, an insurance office in the next town. Pot luck if you get the helpfull member of staff.

There is an office just outside the new Tangier Med port, in a portacabin. But I suspect it will not be there long as it gets very little business. In fact already it is closed more than open. As a tour group we have only used the Tangier Med crossing once and will not do so again in the near future [2011]. We never pass through Tangier old port.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back