Optare Alero Bus (1 Viewer)

scorrano

Free Member
Oct 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi there, is there any member who has purchased and converted an Optare Alero Bus into a camper as I am thinking of buying one but need advice from anyone who has converted one and had any problems..many thanks...Tom

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi there. welcome to the forum,

sorry, can't help with your question,
have you tried on the self build motorhome site SBMCC ?

jim

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can't help you but I've just looked at one and that should make a MH that you would be proud to park anywhere.

Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

scorrano

Free Member
Oct 10, 2008
Funster No
Yes thanks for the encouragement..I have already done a conversion on my 02 movano which I had from new but it is now a bit small with grandchildren about..but you are right the Optare seems the ideal bus to convert ..cheers Tom

poppys

Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
I dont have any imput about the Alero but I drive the Solo frequently and I have to say that most drivers do not like them.They suffer from reliability and fitters do not like working on them.Sorry to be so negative .

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I have often looked at them and considered the idea- they would make a great looking self build euro bus.

Keep us informed, I would be fascinated!

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
HI
We looked at them, but they were a bit expensive and/or very high miles-------I guess if you can find one with reansable miles and sensible price it would make an ideal base vehicle (and they look good!)
Nigel & Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I have seen a couple that have been done :thumb: 1 nice the other a bit of a shed :winky:
The nice one took out/ boarded over a few windows :thumb: He told me he got around 18 /22 mpg depending on roads/speed but had been reliable -so far- only 4,000 mls -
I have had my eye on one of these type for a couple of mths
Link Removed
But SWMBO will have none of it :ROFLMAO: YET :winky: Again I have been in one and it will make a great m/h in my opinion :thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back