Following on from the dead bolts (1 Viewer)

mandjhumph

Free Member
Sep 21, 2007
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
Since 2004
I saw somewhere (not sure if it was on this site or not) that you can use the cheap rape alarms (the ones with the pin that pulls out) as door alarms. Fix the wrist strap with the pin to the door and the alarm piece to the frame (I think they said with velcro) and when the door is opened the pin comes out and the alarm sounds waking the occupants and hopefully scaring off the intruders.

Jane & Martyn

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This is of course a good Idea, but fiddly to set up You can of course get the same effect with a simple "Garden Shed Alarm" which can be purchased from most DIY stores. Far better if you sleep over in public places a lot to have an alarm with part guard whilst you are asleep. This will guard your entry points, lockers and trailer and bikes if you like. and the alarm will be much more substantial. EddieVanBitz might comment here because on those systems as he is the expert.

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
I saw somewhere (not sure if it was on this site or not) that you can use the cheap rape alarms (the ones with the pin that pulls out) as door alarms. Fix the wrist strap with the pin to the door and the alarm piece to the frame (I think they said with velcro) and when the door is opened the pin comes out and the alarm sounds waking the occupants and hopefully scaring off the intruders.

Jane & Martyn

hi saw one in wilkos for £2.99:thumb: good idea door to door on your drive way but remember to deactivate it when you go in:Eeek::Doh:

i also wire cable door to door only on my drive though!

RAY:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back