Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Evening crazy cats

Touch wood we have only got bogged in once last year on a site in Hayling Island. We reversed onto the pitch and sunk in straight away.:Blush:
Hard standing we were told(Thin layer of tree bark on mud). when the park warden came to pull us out i pointed this out to him and he said there should be tarmac under the bark! Yer right.:ROFLMAO:

Anyway more to the point what do you all think of these badgers?http://*********************/jeko-universal-snow-belts-p-775.html

Get my juices flowing.
Anybody own or have used them?
Anyone seen then cheaper?

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Sorry was reading Jims blog about downsized van.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
http://*********************/jeko-universal-snow-belts-p-775.html

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry was reading Jims blog about downsized van.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

for some reason the fun servers software is auto blocking that link.

wouldnt be a link from the 'dark side' would it ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
That link isn't working either - must be a conspiracy going on!

You have a few choices, some extras, some ingenuity and others just good practice. You are not alone, as it is a motorhomers plague!

Firstly - RAMPS. Always have them with you, Level surface or not, use them. If you back onto them just one step, it will offer a little momentum in the morning to get you out and moving. Once moving KEEP GOING until on firmer ground. You can leave someone behind on ramp collecting detail or go back and get them yourself.

Secondly - Grips matts. These roll up matts offer a little traction under wheels for moving off. Though many get mixed results, works well when used with step one!

Thirdly - waffle boards. These are the real thing, cost around £50 a pair, but sit these beneath you and you will never have a problem - sold in 4x4 stores as sand ladders/waffle boards/bridge boards. Note; I t will be beneficial to have a garage, large storage area or rear ladder to store them. They also act as a ladder lock if mounted on there.

final fourth - motorhomers ingenuity - bread crates. Used as a medium between waffles and roll mats, these are bread crates with the sides cut off and used in the same way as above.

There are some options - the choice is yours. My only advice would be to heed option one as habit!

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp

Thanks for tips all noted.:thumb:
We now have 6 bread basket bases cut in half and always leave wheels parked up on planks of wood for a run up when we leave.
Some how i have also ended up with 2, two and a half ton hand rachetts from work in the garage to pull the van if needed:thumb:

Also plan to use or carry these for the smart car

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
I find spinning the wheels at just under 6.5k rpm usually does the trick, the mud flies away and eventually the hard earths volcanic core is reached and then ya out oand off again..albeit at 65mph from a standing start in 0.5 of a second..which is why I always carry an ex aircraft carrier landing trip band with me. They stop jet aircraft in a matter of yards so when the front bumper crashes into the landing band (which is obviously pegged out 50 feet in front of the rv ready to catch you) you stop nice and safely outside the wardens office which is convieniet to pop in and get that last bar of Kendal Mint cake ready for the forthcoming journey.

I store my band on the rear ladder which prevents unauthorused ladder use..when a naughty person steps on it thinking its a step they get twanged off the rv several hundred yards away.

Hope this helps.....I have so much to offer in useful advice....no..no stop..im blushing with the all the thanks Im getting xxx

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back