wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Does anyone own - or owned previously - a Concorde A class M/H?

I'm rather taken with what I've seen, but would like an owners opinion.

Thanks in advance.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Never owned one myself but have spoken to a few owners that had theirs serviced at the same garage as we used at different times, and never found any that had a bad word to say about them.

hope this of some help.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've never owned one, but I know the company well. They are about as good as you can get. In Germany (where they are built) they have a reputation far superior to Hymer et al.

BobT

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have never owned one myself,have never had that sort of cash all at one time.
I have a friend that ownes one on an Iveco chassis and he has had allsorts of topline German campers,he says this is the best...it must be good as he now has owned it for almost 3 years when he normaly changes every 18 months.
They are very good,but at the price they should be.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Seen them only from the outside, but if I was going to go that big I would go for a US RV, it will be basic compared to the German but IMO for looks; most modern RVs beat it, probably because of those floppy bunny-ear mirrors, which are probably excellent but look stupid::bigsmile:

Link Removed

robandwendy

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
SOUTHAMPTON
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YEARS
We have a Concorde Charisma 880F.
Can not praise it enough. I would encourage anyone to buy one. Use it at all times of the year. Better than all the motorhomes I have had experience of.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Nice one for sale on ebay at the moment.

They are a really nice van and have the reputation for being top of the top. However the price reflects this as I am sure the quality does.

What I would say is like Jim, if I was going that, big Bryan & Suzy's small RV with slideout would be a better option for a fraction of the cost.

But if anyone wants to swap my adria for your concorde, I wont say no::bigsmile:

check the links and compare.

Link Removed

Link Removed

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
::bigsmile: hi from just oaver the hogs back :ROFLMAO: good build on them,,nice and comfeee,, but,, tires and mirrors are pricy,, tires about £ 280 each due to vech rating and mirrors £310 each trade,i lost one to stage coach,,nep driver,,cant buy the glass only and allways glazing could not do one cause convex or concave glass so new one only,, what engine ?? the merc is a thirsty beast :Eeek:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
::bigsmile: hi from just oaver the hogs back :ROFLMAO: good build on them,,nice and comfeee,, but,, tires and mirrors are pricy,, tires about £ 280 each due to vech rating and mirrors £310 each trade,i lost one to stage coach,,nep driver,,cant buy the glass only and allways glazing could not do one cause convex or concave glass so new one only,, what engine ?? the merc is a thirsty beast :Eeek:

sorry to hijack, My mum worked at the hogs back hotel for many years.

OP
OP
wivvy's dad

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Seen them only from the outside, but if I was going to go that big I would go for a US RV, it will be basic compared to the German but IMO for looks; most modern RVs beat it, probably because of those floppy bunny-ear mirrors, which are probably excellent but look stupid::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Sorry Jim, but I cannot agree with you. I was looking online at a few, with upwards of 50-60 high quality photo's of interior, exterior and more - very impressive. Superb looking build quality and layout, and European. Possibly (?) more economical than the yank tanks.

I'm finding it strange that for years I've not liked the look of an A class M/H at all - all that windscreen. But it was pictures of your new arrival that got me thinking.......................hmmmmm, what if.......?

I'm not in the buying position at the moment, but in a year or three.............:RollEyes:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have only seen them outside as well but I thought they looked really good. I like the mirrors funnily enough.

Nicest eurovan I have seen though was at Abbey Wood CC site. This chap pulled up in a brand new huge Knaus which looked out of this world. Shudder to think what it cost:whatthe:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l agree with Jim. For that amount of money l would look at US RVs. They are not all massive. Some of the B-class ranges are superb. Like the triple slide BT Cruiser. Huge amount of space, wonderfully sumptuous interior, and a lot less than the Concorde. l would think that the fuel consumption would be on a par too.

Craig

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Merc Sprinter 616

2.7 CDi engine

Length 8.8 mt.

GVW 5990 kg

Hi, we have always liked them, but our van is 6.72m and 3800kg on a sprinter 2.7 156 bhp and goes like a rocket, get the car and trailer On and say 4850 kg and it pulls well.::bigsmile:

But at 5990 kg without towing anything..............................:Doh: That must have a low geared gear box.::bigsmile: No not for me, I have had under powered trucks running at 44t and under powered cars towing a caravan and its hard work. :cry: :Smile: Bob.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We had a look at a Concorde at the NEC, Pete reminded me last night. I said immediately that I couldn't live with banana coloured leather, it made me feel quite nauseous TBH.

I liked the height of the drop down bed, better than our overcab, but not all that drapery round it, reminded me of a padded cell to be frank! So if I was in the market to buy one I wouldn't!

As someone once remarked to us about the perennial discussions we seemed to have way back then about would/wouldn't you buy a Rolls Royce? The real point was not whether you would or wouldn't - the real point was are you in a position to? LOL And I think this is the same. Moneywise we could get one if we were desperate to have one, but it wouldn't even go on the drive, plus it doesn't appear to have a gas oven and we use ours a lot. There doesn't seem to be much point for us!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back