CampingCar Portugal portal: Motorhome etiquette (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Link to CampingCar Portugal website with lots of other useful info if you are visiting Portugal and .......... pictures of what they do not want to see .. in 'This No' button

From CampingCar Portugal

Some of us in many occasions mistaken and obstinately, confuse motor caravaning activities with "motor-camping" ignoring completely elementary rules, applying to itinerant motor-caravaning, negletting in the process, that their actions will bring the discriminatory pursuance, fines and restrictions, resulting in a bad immage, consequence of a censurable elements minority.

Besides, the infringement of established legal applicable normatives, we are as well, projecting over everyone the anathema of motor-caravaners, misbehaviour.

LEAVE THE CAMPING TO THE CAMPING PARKS!

Forcibly, we have to understand and ALL gain conscience, that openning awnings, placing tables and chairs everywhere, should only be done in the camping parks. We guess, it shouldn't be too difficult to avoid?

MOTOR-CARAVANING CAN NOT BE SYNONYMOUS OF «MOTOR-CAMPING»

Legally, a motor-caravan is entitled to run and park in public ways, exactly as defined by the code of the road, applicable to light vehicles.

However, we can not mix parking and camping. For camping, we use camping parks. When parking, we must adopt a form where external zones of our vehicle, nothing else, other than the wheels, are in contact with the soil .

Rules of Gold

The Portal CampingCar Portugal, believes that the consolidation and respect for the tourism itinerant, specially those making use of motor caravans for their travels and stops, is dependent on the good behaviour of the motor caravans users, themselves.

The document «Know how to travel in a motor caravan», alerts for the habit of adopting a set of basic rules of good conduct, leading to the acceptance of our presence in the midst of people and zones ,which we visit.

In the centres of towns or in urban areas, the importance of choosing a convenient place to park is essential:

· With low population density;
· Whitout obstructing visibility or the commercial functions;
· Without obstruction to monuments, specially at the historic zones ( we all love a good photo ...);
· Without being an obstacle to traffic.

The use of a motor caravan as a housing must be carried out in places:

· Without exceeding the size of the vehicle;
· Without disturbance to the residents;
· Without monopolizing public spaces;
· Without using a generator ( even the quieter ones at night are noisier);
· Without occupying the outer space of the vehicle, with any element of camping, canopy, table, chairs or other;
· Looking after domestic animals to prevent environment pollution, and safety.

The discharge of waste water must be carried out in the appropriate locations, such as service areas, petrol stations, public and private installations.

Attention is drawn to the fact the many rain networks (drain grids- water inlets) not all lead to treatment plants (portuguese ETAR), and it should not be used to discharge of grey water and chemical waste matter.

During the march all unloading valves and taps in the vehicle must be well shut.

The household waste should be placed in bags and deposited in containers, in the places, provided for this purpose.

The application of this set of principles concur to the respect of others, regard to the environment, and to a good acceptance in the locals visited.

It is important to remind offending motor caravan users, that their negative behaviour, can only harm the image of the collective majority.

Once the very awareness that has to be done in this particular subject in this field in our country, the Portal CampingCar Portugal edited on July 1st, 2006, a pamphlet for revealing the Portal aims which showed as well, some basic rules of conduct.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
This is awful ...

http://www.campingcarportugal.com/istonao/istonao19.jpg[/IMG

The rust on that inner arch needs seeing to :Wink:[/quote]

I have done a lot of wild camping in Portugal, and I have never seen anything like what is displayed in the photograph, I take that it is a joke, or are you claiming that you took the photograph in Portugal? and it is a Motor home?

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I have done a lot of wild camping in Portugal, and I have never seen anything like what is displayed in the photograph, I take that it is a joke, or are you claiming that you took the photograph in Portugal? and it is a Motor home?

Doug...

Have a look at the link Doug ... no joke , plenty more ..

here is the full photo
Link Removed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Doug...

Follow the link in the OP post Doug, yes it's a Motorhome

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Have a look at the link Doug ... no joke , plenty more ..

here is the full photo
Link Removed

I am really shocked at this, again I have never seen this kind of thing at all and if did see it I would have been banging on the door.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I am really shocked at this, again I have never seen this kind of thing at all and if did see it I would have been banging on the door.

Doug...

Yes, it is shocking .. these are the tossers who give motorhomers a bad name..

as for banging on doors.. well, as much as I agree I doubt it would help .. or be advisable.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Yes, it is shocking .. these are the tossers who give motorhomers a bad name..

as for banging on doors.. well, as much as I agree I doubt it would help .. or be advisable.

I know, but it would not be the first time that I have taken a beating for something I felt strongly about, I never learn.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back