Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I recently bought a Dell Inspiron from the Dell Outlet-it was £300 below what it should have been for the spec I got :Smile:
It was great for about 3 days,but then it the screen started going black and it went into 'lock' mode at random times whenever I was using the keyboard.It also lost internet and I had to use the Power button to get it going again.
After a long phone call Dell sent a technician round and he changed the motherboard and the wi-fi card. 2 days after he'd gone the screen went black again-but this time only for about 2 secs,then it went back to normal. On the phone Dell flashed the bios,but after a couple of days the problem returned.
Whilst on the phone to Dell the lady I was talking to asked me to 'hold' whilst she conferred with her supervisor.When she came back she asked if there were any magnets near the laptop-:Doh: oops-I wear a magnetic bracelet for arthritic pains (it does actually seem to work)
I took the bracelet off and the problems went :ROFLMAO: Only snag was,that after 3 days I started to get pains in my hands again and a slight neck ache.
I now remove bracelet if I use laptop-simples :thumb:
Hope this may be of some use to someone else.
Mike.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I recently bought a Dell Inspiron from the Dell Outlet-it was £300 below what it should have been for the spec I got :Smile:
It was great for about 3 days,but then it the screen started going black and it went into 'lock' mode at random times whenever I was using the keyboard.It also lost internet and I had to use the Power button to get it going again.
After a long phone call Dell sent a technician round and he changed the motherboard and the wi-fi card. 2 days after he'd gone the screen went black again-but this time only for about 2 secs,then it went back to normal. On the phone Dell flashed the bios,but after a couple of days the problem returned.
Whilst on the phone to Dell the lady I was talking to asked me to 'hold' whilst she conferred with her supervisor.When she came back she asked if there were any magnets near the laptop-:Doh: oops-I wear a magnetic bracelet for arthritic pains (it does actually seem to work)
I took the bracelet off and the problems went :ROFLMAO: Only snag was,that after 3 days I started to get pains in my hands again and a slight neck ache.
I now remove bracelet if I use laptop-simples :thumb:
Hope this may be of some use to someone else.
Mike.

That's useful, I always believed that it was only CRT that was effected by magnetism but not the flat screens.

Doug...

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I think it was the mobo that was affected-it only happened when I used keyboard and my wrist was close to the keys and also right above where the wi-fi card is.

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Useful to know. I've worn a Bioflow magnet bracelet for several years. Never had a problem with any type of computer I've used but now I'll know what to check if I do :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back