Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Please can you tell us if the new CC handbook is out yet? The latest we have is the 2009-2010. We are no longer members but may rejoin? Many thanks!

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Yes - we've got it but I do sometimes wonder if it is worth it. All we do is go to the CLs but I suppose they wouldn't want us if we weren't CC members. Then again, I'll whisper this bit 'cos they might be listening, we've only been asked for our CC number once. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Clare

Free Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
10 years
Please can you tell us if the new CC handbook is out yet? The latest we have is the 2009-2010. We are no longer members but may rejoin? Many thanks!

Hi Gypsyrose, yes both the CC and Camping and Caravan Club books are out with new prices that take into consideration the 20% vat!!!! If you are over 55, like me, then in my opinion there is no contest between the two.... the Camping and Caravan Club give a substantial discount to the over 55s, in low and middle season which means I, as a single motorhomer, can make a substantial saving over a CL or CS site (much as I prefer do use these small sites), now some of them are charging up to £15plus a night I wont pay this.....
At the moment I can stay on a C and C Club site until 20th April for £44 per week!!!! Special offer 7 nights for the price of 5. Pretty sure I have read this right but please check.
Kind regards
Clare:Smile:

OP
OP
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Thank you for the replies. Not sure whether to rejoin or not. Agree that you rarely need to show your card at the smaller sites. Problem is that not being a member, we don't get to know of new sites and have no idea of the price!! LOL!! :winky:

We will probably rejoin. Clare, had no idea that there was a discount in low season as you mentioned but then we never stay at the larger sites. Horrified that the prices are obviously so high now at the CLs. They wonder why we wild camp?!! :Sad:

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
Clubs

Do hope you may join!

I am connected with the CC so am obviously biased but for instance here I am tonight at Ferry Meadows, Peterborough, which is a full facility site OAY and the cost tonight? £7.65 which seems very good value to me. Am on a dead flat pitch with EHU and all very nice!

Anyway; whatever you do, Enjoy!! Like the sound of your Hymer, am myself a Rapido coach built owner and love it.

Christopher

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005

Give me a ring,you can have mine.won't be renewing our membership.Why? I have a 34 ft american motorhome and in my opinion(and its shared with others)we are not wanted !!!!

Am I bovvered,not really, The big pitch guide rules ok.:thumb:

kontiki48

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
milton keynes, bucks.
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
tent's, caravaning ,then 11 years motorhoming
Yes - we've got it but I do sometimes wonder if it is worth it. All we do is go to the CLs but I suppose they wouldn't want us if we weren't CC members. Then again, I'll whisper this bit 'cos they might be listening, we've only been asked for our CC number once. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

I heard that ivy, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have cancelled our renewal at £37 per year think it's quite expensive, and we only use the cl's (not often now though) we did receive our handbook though and cancelled before xmas.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Oh dear - hubby does say I've got a whisper like an elephants f--t! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ivy

Dont worry Ivy, my other half reckons i can whisper over three fields when i want

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Do hope you may join!

I am connected with the CC so am obviously biased but for instance here I am tonight at Ferry Meadows, Peterborough, which is a full facility site OAY and the cost tonight? £7.65 which seems very good value to me. Am on a dead flat pitch with EHU and all very nice!

Anyway; whatever you do, Enjoy!! Like the sound of your Hymer, am myself a Rapido coach built owner and love it.

Christopher

Are you on a special rate being a member of the executive council?, I've just checked the CC web site and it quotes £5.10 per adult and £5.10 for the pitch, that's a minimum of £10.20 (£15.30 if you take the missus)

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005

Hi Gyspsyrose,

I've pm ed you and I'm not very good on computers:roflmto:
If you have 'nt got it let me know and I'll try again.
No problem with the book,you re welcome to it.

Regards, John P,:thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Are you on a special rate being a member of the executive council?, I've just checked the CC web site and it quotes £5.10 per adult and £5.10 for the pitch, that's a minimum of £10.20 (£15.30 if you take the missus)

My apologies, I have looked in the Sites Directory Handbook and realise now where £7.65 per night comes from. 50% discount midweek in January now £2.55 for the pitch and single occupancy adult £5.10. £7.65 loooks good on paper but is hardly a typical example!!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We received our new handbook just two days ago.
Currently we are familiarising ourselves with any changes to the many rules and regulations so we don't get caught out sucking eggs incorrectly......................::bigsmile:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
CC book

hi guys,i have to say that we have been members of the CC for about 9yrs now and we have never had a problem.we have a 34ft RV and yes the book has some more length resrictions but it still leaves plenty of sites for us to choose from and hundreds of CL,s.so personally i think the CC is still good value:thumb: regards brian jo and josh:winky:

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Not gonna fall out with you Brian,I might need some tyres for the Rv soon!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Regards, John P.:thumb:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
CC

Hi john im far to old to fall out with anyone mate,lifes to short.im sure the CC is not for everyone but it works for us:winky:just pm me about the tyres either on here or RVOC.Regards brian jo and josh:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back