any1s advice appreciated (1 Viewer)

roky1983

Free Member
Jun 9, 2010
wales carmarthenshire
Funster No
Exp
6 months
hi all any1s advice for a trip in the camper with my wife and 2 kids 5 and 2 at the end of feb ( school hols) from a friday to a wednesday your advice wud be great, were from carmarthenshire wales

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Roky
Like you we are thinking of heading of in feb for a few days we have one daughter 13 we are thinking of going to Arran. I notice you are from wales so if you or the kids have never been to Scotland before why not give it a try you could start with dumfries and galloway or if you prefer city lights try Edinburgh cc have a site close to city centre if you do opt for Scotland feel free to ask any questions

Gerry

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Another thought, with young children in February is it worth looking at Haven Holiday camp sites, they are all over the country and that way there would be something to do if the weather was not to good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Lake District. I've always found good weather there in February. Which means this year it'll pi$$ down.......................:Smile:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Haven parks don't open until March :Angry::Angry: would be ideal.

We too are looking for somewhere at the end of feb, we have 2 boys 8 and 11 , i have been searching for about an hour now, all the places that are open have no facilites for children.

Will keep checking this post to see if anyone has better luck than us.

Leanne :Smile:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Where, thats a personal thing and lots will help you.

Given the time of year and questionable weather - could be very cold, may be wet and clothes drying needed, suggest sites with electric hook ups and clothes wash facilities.

Haven's as suggested above sound a good idea.

RubyVan

Free Member
Oct 2, 2010
Market Harborough Leics
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
14yrs but tuger for over 20yrs previos
:thumb:try Baltic Wharf C C (thats if you can get a booking) plenty of interesting things to do with the children and they will not get bored

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Haven parks don't open until March :Angry::Angry: would be ideal.

We too are looking for somewhere at the end of feb, we have 2 boys 8 and 11 , i have been searching for about an hour now, all the places that are open have no facilites for children.

Will keep checking this post to see if anyone has better luck than us.

Leanne :Smile:

Try some parkdean sites - many of those are open all year. I know Warmwell Leisure are open all year - they do not take motorhomes/caravans any more - but there is a site just across the road!

They are open to the public, and have entertainment, arcades, fishing lakes and a ski slope - could learn to ski/snowboard!. You just pay at the reception.

There is plenty to do around the area, they have the tank museum, monkey world, durdle door/kimmeridge beaches and the abandoned Tyneham village (MOD kicked everyone out for training).

http://www.parkdeanholidays.co.uk/dorset-holidays/warmwell/warmwell-holiday-park.htm

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1248

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
after looking for ages we`ve finally booked a week at moreton in marsh,gloucester. cc site. walking distance to market town and railway station. just hope the kids (8 and 11) enjoy. most sites wanted £200+, worked out cheaper joining caravan club and still saved ££££.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Why dont you forget about booking anything and go off wild camping in Wales or the Lake district? Think of it as an adventure. We were in the lakes over Christmas and New Year. We used CL's and wild camped in some great spots.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I know youve booked it now, but Im with Barry and Gerry.
there is a place outside, wet, windy cold or sunny, the biggest and best playground for a kid in Britain. Better than any adventure park. Its called the great outdoors. When mine were your age, I took them up snowdon, all kitted out and they (we) had a great time.

Scotland is a fantastic place to visit for adventures. If you are in the CC look at little cheap £5-7 cl's and move around a bit, see something, do something, and move on.

Moreton in the Marsh is a typical CC site. Very nice toilets and Showers, a little walk in to the lovely town and well maintained. However for me, the beauty of motorhoming is moving about.

My kids travel well...

We are off skiing for the school holidays , French alps here we come :thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Just come away from Moreton in marsh, dont get me wrong its a lovely camp site and its near to the town to walk into but there is not much there to keep kids amused, bus stop right outside entrance though and if you have a car well there's lots to do for miles around but the village doesnt have a lot in the way of kids entertainment but it is a lovely little village, boast of 20 pubs although I didnt see that many, i didnt count though.
We went into the redesdale arms inn which had a lovely log fire in and allowed susie in, thats my yorkie and a free drink for CC members when ordering a main meal.
The bell inn takes dogs too, about 2 minutes away from the redesdale arms inn on the main street.
http://www.redesdalearms.com/

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Theres a really nice old fashioned toy shop in Moreton on Marsh.

I enjoyed it - not sure about the kids..

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Sorry Rocky, can't read Welsh.

(That's not upywchwm, btw)

Cheers, anyway

Tony ap Fred

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!