Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Vosa as well as other dept in the Cival Service have got to cut costs.

To this end, next year will see a new style MoT certifcate that is no more than a plain peice of white paper that we wil print out for you:thumb:

All our stationary and theres reams and reams of it, is going white paper only so we will in effect be minature printing outfits as well as MoT tesing.
look out Vista Print:RollEyes:

To futher save on costs it has been muted that we dont realy need a certificate at all, and that is perfectly true we dont

A survey carried out on behalf of VOSA
Showed 67% of the motoring public were happy with a plain paper printe MoT Certificate

But only 47% were in favour of No certificate at all:Doh:
It looks like a compromise will be on the cards :Cool:

It has been suggested that once your car passes its MoT and is entered onto the system,
You can go home, Log on to VOSA and print your own Pass,Fail or Advise sheet yourself:thumb:

We are so kind to you Folk

We may give, ourselves away one day:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I knew things would catch up with a couple of rogues I know... they have been "printing" their own MOT certificates for years...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ.

Comedy is a serious business...

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
So I take it that the garage has to provide the paper and the ink, Cheaper for the government but, and I take it the cost will be passed on, dearer for the customer?

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
So I take it that the garage has to provide the paper and the ink, Cheaper for the government but, and I take it the cost will be passed on, dearer for the customer?

Doug...
Yes we take the hit on that on Doug for now, ther will be a test fee increase to offset it though for sure
They are calling in all the 9 Dot Matrix priners we have (seriously)and supplying new Lazer Jets
They have also allowed us to store the old screen and fit a new flat one, we supply of course
But were still tied into Seimens for our keyboards and mice all (1996 spec with roller balls) were not permitted to update these
Only £140 for new keyboard:Eeek: and £90 for a mouse,:Eeek: but that is deliverd and plugged in:thumb::Doh:
G

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Does this mean cash in a plain brown envelope, nudge nudge, wink wink, know wot I mean guvnor,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Cor!!!!!!!!!! Black kettles and pots spring to mind:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I was taught all I know from my Lawyer freind :winky:

I have always believed that; on the ladder of honesty lawyers were one rung up from politicians and politicians where under the level of a snakes belly. Present company excluded of course.

Doug...

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
I can see where this is going...
"Haven't got a printed copy of your MOT, sir? Not to worry, as it says in the fine print, we can print it out for you but we will have to charge you £40 for doing so...":roflmto::roflmto::Eeek:
Patrick

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I can see where this is going...
"Haven't got a printed copy of your MOT, sir? Not to worry, as it says in the fine print, we can print it out for you but we will have to charge you £40 for doing so...":roflmto::roflmto::Eeek:
Patrick
No its going to be eventualy a Tinternet Based system all together, so anyone can acsess and print, but as already said you soon won't need one at all
As the post office move onto automated tax discs the only reason to have one will be to show any prospective buyer its tested and till when:winky:
You never know you might even print your own tax dic too.
Again the disc in the window serves no usefull purpose, other than to comply with an old law requiring you to display one, get rid of that law and away you go
G

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Perhaps the UK is finally catching up.:RollEyes:

Here on the Maltese islands a VRT (MOT) certificate has not been printed for a few years now. I just turn up at a test station and the details go straight onto the computer. Most garages are also insurance agents and can also print the tax disc, so it is a one stop shop. :thumb:

The computer system is obviously linked into the main frame, if you have an outstanding parking fine for instance it will stop the vehicle being taxed. :whatthe:

Interestingly as well if a vehicle is taken off the road (not taxed) the number plates have to be returned to the ADT (Transport Authority) and they are the only ones who can issue plates. If the plates are not returned and you try to re tax the vehicle after a gap you have to pay the back tax.

Mike

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Next step..

from Bank of England .. print your own money :roflmto:

hehehehe..... various governments and bankers have been printing money for that did not exist for themselves and their croney's for years..

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Perhaps the UK is finally catching up.:RollEyes:

Here on the Maltese islands a VRT (MOT) certificate has not been printed for a few years now. I just turn up at a test station and the details go straight onto the computer. Most garages are also insurance agents and can also print the tax disc, so it is a one stop shop. :thumb:

The computer system is obviously linked into the main frame, if you have an outstanding parking fine for instance it will stop the vehicle being taxed. :whatthe:

Interestingly as well if a vehicle is taken off the road (not taxed) the number plates have to be returned to the ADT (Transport Authority) and they are the only ones who can issue plates. If the plates are not returned and you try to re tax the vehicle after a gap you have to pay the back tax.

Mike

We could learn a lot from Malta

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sorry to disagree
That is a far too simple fully working system for the UK to adopt
Where would confusion fit in that system:RollEyes::Doh:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
The suggestion that Joe Public can print his own certificates ignores the fact that many middle-aged and elderly motorists simply don't have e-mail or printing facilities. It's pretty typical of civil servants (often not civil, and never servile) whose computer equipment is paid for by the taxpayer.

If it's all computerised, public authorities and garages can check instantly whether an MoT exists. The only problem would be selling to a private buyer, and that's solvable easily enough by a one-off print.

In a near ideal world, OAPs might be allowed free tax - it's a week's pension. In an ideal world, leave it to fuel duty.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
The suggestion that Joe Public can print his own certificates ignores the fact that many middle-aged and elderly motorists simply don't have e-mail or printing facilities. It's pretty typical of civil servants (often not civil, and never servile) whose computer equipment is paid for by the taxpayer.

If it's all computerised, public authorities and garages can check instantly whether an MoT exists. The only problem would be selling to a private buyer, and that's solvable easily enough by a one-off print.

In a near ideal world, OAPs might be allowed free tax - it's a week's pension. In an ideal world, leave it to fuel duty.

I agree entirely, as an example, a week or so ago I attended a hospital as a day patient and whilst there I asked for some information at an information desk, in answer I got "Oh! we dont have that leaflet at the moment but if you go to <blaa/blaa.nhs/info> and you can down load it and print it out."

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back