Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
During the last three years, I have played with off topic posts and the frontpage. Some did not want off topic or belly locker posts on the front page at all, others did, presently I hide the bellylocker (a dark and dangerous place) but show the U shaped lounge, but even then some prefer it to be otherwise. But it came to me today in a flash, why not show both, but seperate them. So I will trial this, I know it won't please everyone (welcome to my world:Smile:) But right now, the top 25 posts are on topic, and seperated, below those (just scroll down the front page a bit) are the off topic. We'll see how it goes::bigsmile:

Of course if you want to see the last 30, no matter what forum they are from then you can monitor those from the Link Removed as this remains unchanged. Thanks:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Looks good to me:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I think it is a good idea...

JJ :thumb:

...but could we have Fray Bentos Pies, given their usefulness to the motorhome community (long lasting and no fridge needed), included as an "On Topic" item? :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What about "Motorhome Chat" when the chat is nothing to do with motorhomes?

Chats in motorhomes would be different...:ROFLMAO:

JJ

A Jokes forum would get that lot out of mainstream traffic.

Just noticed Web Connections - is that really motorhoming ?

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
On a more serious note, I don't think it works, the list of posts are too short and posts that still have some life left in them are being scrolled of the bottom of the screen, never to be seen again!!!

For me I would rather see ALL the posts on the front page and those that don't won't to read the belly locker can choose for themselves.

Doug...

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can see everything, even the belly locker, as it happens, Link Removed Doug,

On a more serious note, I don't think it works, the list of posts are too short and posts that still have some life left in them are being scrolled of the bottom of the screen, never to be seen again!!!

For me I would rather see ALL the posts on the front page and those that don't won't to read the belly locker can choose for themselves.

Doug...

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
You can see everything, even the belly locker, as it happens, Link Removed Doug,

But that's not the front page and I don't think many people use the site that way.

Doug...

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I never use the front page - I always go straight to "New Posts" on the top banner near "Home" then I see the threads that have been updated since the last time I logged on - simples!:ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh dear, I don't even know what the front page is, like PP I go to new posts then take it from there, off to find the front page now.:Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
But that's not the front page and I don't think many people use the site that way.

Doug...

I think that the more "On Topic" the front page is, the more that people will join for the right reasons- Motorhome enthusiasts joining to talk about motorhomes. Thereafter when they get to know a few funsters they might want to get involved in some off topic stuff, but that stuff might initially put them off if its all over the front page. I don't know this for sure Doug, I'm guessing, that is why its a trial. I do appreciate your input, please keep it coming and let me know what you think:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back