A Good French Vet????? (1 Viewer)

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Hi All,
Apologies in advance if you are tired of this subject and apologies if I have chosen the wrong place to put the thread.

We are planning our French trip in June and are asking if anyone has a good Vet to recommend for the treatment required to bring our dogs back to the UK, obviously between 24 and 48 hours travelling from the dogs treatment as the rules insist upon.

Does anyone know if French Vets work Saturday and Sunday for these treatments or is it strictly 5 days Mon - Fri?

We would like to have our last 2 nights in Arras so would like a Vet somewhere nearby, does anyone know of one? and preferably one which charges a sensible price!!! and speaks English!!!! Don't want much do I?

Any other advice on this subject would be welcomed.

Regards Paul

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi!

Can't remember now in which town it was , but i did get an appointement for a funster with a vet speaking english so better ask Sloberdoberbob he will tell you . Now if it is not the right place well just wait and see if some other funster can answer to you!
Good luck!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
::bigsmile: one we use is in rue,near fort mahon plage works sat not sun and 2x dog with front line and wormer tabs ,,all stamps done 45 euro ,,,cheaper than uk,the practice is modern n clean p/m me for help n:thumb::thumb:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Parc Verger is some way from Arras(!) but still within the 24/48 hour distance from the channel ports. Our local vet is on the map Scotjimland posted above, and is brilliant - as acknowledged by many funsters who have been there. A modern surgery; the lady vet speaks English; will fit in appointments to suit ferry times; and open on saturdays.:thumb::thumb:

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
This is the vet we used .. €28

Hi!

Can't remember now in which town it was , but i did get an appointement for a funster with a vet speaking english so better ask Sloberdoberbob he will tell you . Now if it is not the right place well just wait and see if some other funster can answer to you!
Good luck!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Hi .. Yes Frankie booked this vet for the Griffs following our recommendation. In fact in a little while I will be asking Frankie to book it again for us in April.

The vet is in Amiens

While the reception staff are a bit limited in English ( like my French) the vet speaks good English as is very helpful.

The vet is Dr Bove. The vet's is at 328 Rue Du Faubourg De Ham, 8,000 Amiens... The email address is cabinet.Bove@orange.fr

The satellite coordinates to the vets is N49 54' 15. 93". By. E2 16' 24. 67"

There is a Lidl car park 100 yards on same side of the road that I have taken an RV with trailer into.. But street parking opposite.. Have a look on Goole earth.. The vets office is the building at the main junction.. . Avenue d Austalia and Rue Du Faubourg De Ham. The Lidl is just round the corner and both can be seen.

The vet is open on a Saturday.. But I wanted the English speaking vet and Frankie has in the past got the trading hours and who is on duty when.

Very fast, knows all the rules about three stamps in passport.. Even asks what time you want put on the passport.. Got the details from a recommendation in MMM a while back. By the way if you speak French the phone number is 03 22 66 28 99.. If you ask Frankie nicely I am sure she will book it for you. best it was €28 last year.

Regards

Bob:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The vet is in Amiens

While the reception staff are a bit limited in English ( like my French) the vet speaks good English as is very helpful.

The vet is Dr Bove. The vet's is at 328 Rue Du Faubourg De Ham, 8,000 Amiens... The email address is cabinet.Bove@orange.fr

Bob:thumb:

Thanks Bob, I've added to the vets map

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back