Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Having read the security security handbook about alarms I thought I would ask if any of you just lock the doors rather than alarm the vehicle when going abroad, why I ask is Susie my little yorkie need to go out at least once during the night to wee sometimes twice, usually around 2am and 6am.
She is 13 now so I don’t think I could train her otherwise.
I like to put the alarm on if we are anywhere dodgy but to alarm it, it beeps twice for the alarm and to put the internal sensor on it beeps three times which sounds quite noisy outside the vehicle.
Well in the middle of the night in an Aire or other quiet campsite I would hate to wake others by alarming my vehicle but don’t want to leave the alarm off in case anyone tries to break in.:Confused:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Having read the security security handbook about alarms I thought I would ask if any of you just lock the doors rather than alarm the vehicle when going abroad, why I ask is Susie my little yorkie need to go out at least once during the night to wee sometimes twice, usually around 2am and 6am.
I like to put the alarm on if we are anywhere dodgy but to alarm it, it beeps twice for the alarm and to put the internal sensor on it beeps three times which sounds quite noisy outside the vehicle.
Well in the middle of the night in an Aire or other quiet campsite I would hate to wake others by alarming my vehicle but don’t want to leave the alarm off in case anyone tries to break in.:Confused:

Leave the dog outside

:winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Alarm the van always:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I use the VanBitz strike back alarm

I have the internal and external alarm fitted by VanBitz..strike back.. Part of paying the large amount for a top notch system is that we can alarm the outside while we sleep... The flashing red lamp in my grill and one of my rear lamps is there to warn off any chancer that the RV alarmed... What is the point of having it if you do not use it:Doh:

Ezzie has to go out in the night sometimes ..but I am sorry if they want to park so close to me in an Aires then they have to suffer my alarm bleeps and my genny in the day light hours.

I have deadlocks as do most Winnibago's do.. The cab..Ford E350 super duty cab has central locking, but we also have a red cab alarm light flashing on the dash.. But we tend to fit an external window cover to hideaway items like satellite equipment. But me..use it.. Silly not to

Bob:thumb:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
It is a rat

That is not a dog it is a rat...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Ezzie has three for breakfast (or is it Weetabix!)

Now a St Bernard is a real dog.. All 75 kgs...try putting that on your lap.. Pooh bags take on a whole different meaning for us

Bob:Blush::Blush:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
That is not a dog it is a rat...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Ezzie has three for breakfast (or is it Weetabix!)

Now a St Bernard is a real dog.. All 75 kgs...try putting that on your lap.. Pooh bags take on a whole different meaning for us

Bob:Blush::Blush:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: she is all of 3.5 kilos. I bet your poo bags are bigger than her and susie would come out best in a fight, she would get stuck in ezzie's throat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

see she is bigger than our van, in the picture anyway!!!!!

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Very true

It is always the small ones that bark at Ezzie... She is a bit of a dope as all that have met her soon found out.. ... It is a dog thing ::bigsmile:

ticktok

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Kent (South Coast)
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
5 Years

Hi, I have never used my alarm either on sites or aires, but I don't think your beeping would worry me. We do leave the dog ( a Lab) outside unless it is very wet or cold, He sleeps in a covered cage and seems quite happy, at least he has never complained.:ROFLMAO:

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Just spent 4 months touring Belgium, Germany, Austria and Czech Republic with 3 Yorkies. Never once put alarm on at night. The only site I felt was dodgy was in Vienna so I had straps across the front doors but dogs would bark in the night anyway so wasn't that worried

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
my thoughts too... unless the the perps. use knockout gas :winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim NOT the GAS again pleeeeeeeeeeeease:winky:

Mel:thumb:

trish-n-tez we use Aires all the time in France we never use campsites .......we do not possess an alarm.........so for a few minutes switch it off let your dog out and reset when you get back in....I certainly would not complain......its not a problem.....do not worry, stay safe, have a good holiday and safe route...

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Always alarm the doors and disarm the interior sensors when we go to bed!:Smile:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Susie is too small to frighten anyone off, she doesnt bark when someone knocks at the door:Smile:
Not really a good guard dog

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We always set the alarm wherever we are camped - disable the interior of course!
Even if we're surrounded by barbed wire fences and have an armed guard patrolling!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We like to feel safe and secure while we sleep!:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you know the make you may be able to download the installation instructions.

it may say how to turn off the 'bleep' and activate an alternative function...lights etc.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
if you know the make you may be able to download the installation instructions.

it may say how to turn off the 'bleep' and activate an alternative function...lights etc.

excellent idea, thanks for that, I will look tomorrow, that would be better:thumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We designed "beeps" into our system (Strikeback) for night time activation and we refer to it as a "warn away function"

The logic to this was way too many door locks being damaged with a screwdriver, only for the thief to bugger off when the alarm sounded. Ergo: Had they known about the alarm the motorhome owner wouldn't be forking out potentially hundreds for damaged doors and locks.

This is the advantage of us all at Van Bitz being motorhome owners and actually using our vans for holidays etc

So, external LED warning lights and a distinct warning noise when armed in the night mode to send thieves to motorhomes with no alarm or a car alarm fitted!

Eddie

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Ezzie would like them to death

Ezzie is useless as a guard dog.. 70 + kgs lap dog more like... More likely to lick you to death. Biggest danger is if you are on the settee and she gets on as well (as she does) then you can be flattened.

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We strap a rape alarm to the inside door handle and anybody that opens the door will get the fright of their life's ( and so will we !! )

Maddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back