Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Have you checked em out Jim? seems the majority are 14 foot plus, not what I call a low bridge can they be filtered out My clearance on the Rv is 12 foot
Geo

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have you checked em out Jim? seems the majority are 14 foot plus, not what I call a low bridge can they be filtered out My clearance on the Rv is 12 foot
Geo

no, I haven't checked them out .. but if someone wants to finance a trip I'll be happy to do it :Cool:

the first page has over 200 under 11'ft 6in ..

no way of filtering .. but you could lift the pois that you want and make a new map .. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
There is a very low bridge at Broughton, Deeside North Wales, on Broughton Hall road. I know of 2 accidents when removal vans lost the top of there roof.

Since then, about 1999, there are warnings and auto flashing lights on the approach. it is possible to see the warning light stand on the google sat map.

This bridge is not indicated on this google map so there may be other errors, so don't take this map as gospel.

Doug...

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There is a very low bridge at Broughton, Deeside North Wales, on Broughton Hall road. I know of 2 accidents when removal vans lost the top of there roof.

Since then, about 1999, there are warnings and auto flashing lights on the approach. it is possible to see the warning light stand on the google sat map.

This bridge is not indicated on this google map so there may be other errors, so don't take this map as gospel.

Doug...

Thanks Doug .. I can add that to the map if you give me the co-ords. this is the sort of info that makes maps more reliable.

There are no doubts errors and or omissions on all maps, paper and digital .. I upload in good faith. Many POIs are provided by third parties, for example the CC sites, Low Bridges falls into this category.

Member generated maps such as Olley's and my own are better, because we have personally visited the site or have had it verified by another motorhomer.

What we need and I hope we get are maps that have been compiled by Fun members.. For example, a trip to Spain, showing stopping places, sites and any other useful travel information..

jim

Plup

Free Member
Oct 8, 2010
Naas Ireland
Funster No
MH
A class tag axle
Exp
since 2005
Frankia Truma heating

We recently bought a frankia i820 and we love it we seem to have problem getting truma CEH heating working on electric operation would be interested in hearing from any with a frankia or truma similar to share info:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We recently bought a frankia i820 and we love it we seem to have problem getting truma CEH heating working on electric operation would be interested in hearing from any with a frankia or truma similar to share info:

Hi

Sorry, can't help with your question, but you have posted on the wrong forum.. you will get a better response on the Motorhome Chat forum http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/

jim

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Thanks Doug .. I can add that to the map if you give me the co-ords. this is the sort of info that makes maps more reliable.

There are no doubts errors and or omissions on all maps, paper and digital .. I upload in good faith. Many POIs are provided by third parties, for example the CC sites, Low Bridges falls into this category.

Member generated maps such as Olley's and my own are better, because we have personally visited the site or have had it verified by another motorhomer.

What we need and I hope we get are maps that have been compiled by Fun members.. For example, a trip to Spain, showing stopping places, sites and any other useful travel information..

jim

Google says its N53.1679043 W2.982796

But I don't trust it, it has more number in the northerly that it does in the Westerly

Tomtom Says its N53'10.087 W2'58.957

The hight is very low, but a Man with an umbrella can touch the roof.

Doug...

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Google says its N53.1679043 W2.982796

But I don't trust it, it has more number in the northerly that it does in the Westerly

Tomtom Says its N53'10.087 W2'58.957

The hight is very low, but a Man with an umbrella can touch the roof.

Doug...

So Buttons VDub will be ok :roflmto:
shall we say 6ft 6in to be on the safe side ?

EDIT

Found it , it's 7ft 9in http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=+N53.1679043++++++W2.982796&sll=53.34248,-1.8431&sspn=6.285026,13.908691&ie=UTF8&ll=53.167682,-2.98297&spn=0.00154,0.003396&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.167676,-2.982999&panoid=tInkQX1cQJsVmmLHALgNYw&cbp=12,31.96,,3,-1.25

EDIT 2

POI added

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back