what a B--- year! (1 Viewer)

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Well, that was the year that was!

Jan to July, sorting out my Prostate (Good news, it worked)

Immediately afterwards, Two weeks camping in France - no MH, couldn't book for travel.

Beginning of August to December, sorting out my father, older than I am, 94 1/2 , but he died, peacefullyand painlessly, on 10 Dec.

Funeral, 30 Dec, pretty damn good tho I sez it myself.

Back home to Glen Haggis, no water, but house fine and warm, (Horrendous fuel bill to be met from estate!)

Whole year, about 200 miles in MH.

Here's to 2001, and I'm already cheered up by prospects of MHF and you bunch of happy chaps and chappesses!

Cheers

Tony

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Here's to 2001, and I'm already cheered up by prospects of MHF and you bunch of happy chaps and chappesses!

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony we both have had awful years but i am preferring to look forward to 2011:winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Nice to see you back posting Tony...

here's to better fortune for us all in 2011 :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Good to hear the prostate is sorted...lets all look forward to a good year:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
wishing you a healthy and happy new year

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Imprint, hope the coming year is a wonderful one for you ... Joy

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Look upon it that you've turned a corner.

Very best wishes for a healthy and happy 2011.

Gill

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
I know what you mean

Immediately afterwards, Two weeks camping in France - no MH, couldn't book for travel.

Beginning of August to December, sorting out my father, older than I am, 94 1/2 , but he died, peacefullyand painlessly, on 10 Dec.

Back home to Glen Haggis, no water, but house fine and warm, (Horrendous fuel bill to be met from estate!)

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony

We too have had a year we would rather forget.

RV off the road until June whilst engine management fixed.

Mo was diagnosed with Breast cancer in August but it took 6 weeks to make a descission on what proceedure to adopt.

3rd October was rushed into Hospital with suspected concussion after hitting her head after falling out of bed. Turned out to be severe Kidney failure due to a mixture of a prescribed drug (ORLISTAT 120mg fat reducing drug) and high level of tea drinking ( approx 15 cups a day ). It has produced OXYLATE CRYSTALS on her Kidneys which is irreverseble. Was in Hospital for all October.

Cancer department wouldn't proceed until Kidney issue sorted.

In the mean time a regular visit to Dentist found that ALL of her teeth had decayed beyond saving ( Kidney issue).

Christmas eve, had all her teeth out. so havent been able to eat since then, already had dentures made but swelling and stiches prevent the wearing of them.

We now attend Hospital for Dyalisis 3 times a week for a 4 hour duration ( which means away from home for 6 hours), for life.!

Hopefully Breast department will advise when they want to join in the fun, the way they put it to us is she would die of Kidney failure before the Cancer so they will get back to us when they deem the time is right.

Last but not least, whilst in Hospital for the whole of October she became very friendly with a 30 year old young Lady, they would both sneek off the ward for a smoke in there wheel chairs after there visitors had gone home. She started her kidney problems in her twenties and had already had various toes amputated due to gangreen, after Mo left Hospital she kept in touch via mobile phone. One day a nurse answered her it seems she had gone to the Bathroom for a shower only to collapse and die with a lung infection.

So I dont think anything can be as bad for 2011!!

Brian

p.s. by the way the retail name for the fat reducing drug is called ALLI which I notice is being advertised quite a lot again now ( funny that it wasn't around much before Christmas)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Sad:Brian, I think yu must win the award for worst year ever. That is awful and I hope you find strength and happiness in the coming year ... and that Mo finds hope and a corner to be turned in her treatments ........ She sounds as though she has a wonderful partner in you and that must mean so much to her... Good luck in the coming year. Joy

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Brian what that lady Joy said above says it all better health in the new year to you all

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Cheers

Tony

Well that is definitely a year that is best behind you hope 2011 is all you want it to be.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well 2010 seems to be for quite a few a year to forget.

Let XXXXX everything for 2011

OP
OP
I

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Just as before, many thanks to all of you for your support - I think of you whenever I wear it!

In fact, I've been asked to write something on the subject - "My prostate and I" Since you bunch are in large measure responsible for starting it, I've dedicated it, amongst others, to:

"The Funsters, (who know who they are, at least before the pubs open), for their warm, generous support which started this piece, and especially ScotJimLand – thanks Haggis!"

To Brian and Mo, my very, very best wishes. On the bright side, Mo, you have been diagnosed, which is a start to getting it sorted. My mission now is to get men to get the PSA tested by their GP on a regular basis - and I'd never heard of this before either!*

Cheers!

* Oh- and more men die with prostate cancer than of it.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hope 2011 is a better year for you and your family..

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Probably wondering why I dug this old post by IMPRINT

reason being I was a friend of Tony, but haven't heard from him since he left the forum and I don't have his email address ..
it was one of his last posts.. ..

His name came up in the France Passion thread.. I hope he is well ... if anyone has heard from him or know how he is please let me know..

I copy paste what I wrote..

Tony had prostrate cancer.. he and I exchanged a few PMs and he wrote a short book called.. My Prostrate And I ..

I have a pdf copy, if anyone wants to read, pm your email address .. I'm sure Tony would be happy to share it

that's all I know.. perhaps he has died or was too ill to carry on.. haven't heard from him since he left Fun .

Page 1 of "My Prostrate And I "

Prologue

I never thought I’d write a love story. My subject is military history, tales of men and battles long ago. But as I finished this story, by coincidence the story of another battle, I realised that this is a love story; of the professional care of the medics, who went beyond cold professionalism, of the love between Frank and Maggie Gehry, whom you’ll meet later, of the love of family and friends, even if it’s a thump on the shoulder from the chaps and, of course, most of all, the love of my wife, Scilla. There’s no other word for it. This is what carried me through.

My Prostate and I

• Sex is fun, so
• The Earth started to be overpopulated, so • We all have to die.

That seems fair enough, but cancer can be a pretty nasty way to live, and a nastier way to die...but, with a bit of luck, not for you. Or me.

I must make this clear at the start - I am not medical! What I’ve put here is what I think goes on, but there’s only one piece of advice for which I accept responsibility: ask your doctor straight away when and how often you should be checked for cancer. I have to add that I only ‘know a little bit about prostate cancer, and rather less about any other sort.

The other warning is that the word “expert” allegedly comes from ‘ex’, meaning a ‘has-been’ and ‘spurt’, which is a drip under pressure. Here, though, the experts you’ll meet really do know their stuff, which is why I’m here to write this tale.

This farrago is dedicated to

• Scilla, my life and love for over half a century, et ad infinitum
• My gang: Andy, Claire, Di, Ed, Jan, Jill, Jon (JB), Karen, Peter and Trev (T2).
• The medics in Perth (PRI) and Dundee (Ninewells) and especially Dr Windsor, Alison Smith and the various members of the A-Team!
• All those, staff, volunteers, patients and partners - of any sort, at Maggie’s Centre at Dundee. Here, a concept has become concrete, and everyone gives their most precious asset, their time.
• The Funsters, (who know who they are, at least before the pubs open), for their warm, generous support which started this piece, and especially ScotJimLand – thanks, Haggis!
• Our ‘Oppos’, Alan and ‘M’.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back