Off to Scotland (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Off to Scotland next weekend (for a long weekend) so I have just been checking that our passports are in order ::bigsmile:

Ralph

Damu

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Funster No
is it me or is raplphs avatar some bloke ( i hope its a bloke!!!) in just boots /helmet and Y fronts !!!!

enjoy scotland and its many million midges :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
is it me or is raplphs avatar some bloke ( i hope its a bloke!!!) in just boots /helmet and Y fronts !!!!

enjoy scotland and its many million midges :)

Doesn't look like a bloke to me! ::bigsmile:

Whereabouts in Bonnie Scotland is everyone going? My family are originally from Motherwell but they moved to Kirkcaldy in Fife many years ago.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
It is a bloke, its me but it was in 1975 and not Y fronts but very trendy bathers (at the time that is). :Smile:

and you missed the gloves.

We will be in Melrose on the 17th just for the night and then in Aviemore for 4 nights after that, it will be 34 years since we were last in Aviemore and 35 years since the first time we were there on our honeymoon.

Ralph

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Whereabouts in Bonnie Scotland is everyone going? My family are originally from Motherwell but they moved to Kirkcaldy in Fife many years ago.

:Cool: I'm going to Spean Bridge via bypassing Glasgow, back to bypassing Glasgow to Edinburgh, back to bypassing Glasgow and then back home to Donny. Setting off at 2am in the morning. :whatthe:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
In my view very wise to keep by-passing Glasgow! ::bigsmile: Only joking please don't anyone take offence ! :roflmto::roflmto:

Damu

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Funster No
It is a bloke, its me but it was in 1975 and not Y fronts but very trendy bathers (at the time that is). :Smile:

and you missed the gloves.

Ralph

sorry , its the light shining off a very white body lol

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
If anyone is going to be up that way please don't be afraid to speak to us :rofl:, Melrose CC site 17th Aug and then 18th to 21st Aug, Aviemore C&CC site, the former Forestry commission site at Lock Morlich.

We have never been approached by anyone from the other site, please make the difference.

Ralph

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Can't be in Scotland on those dates but look forward to meeting up with you another time, perhaps at one of the meets in the calendar. Have you looked at the Grand Opening Meet, or the New Year Meet?

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:whatthe: On our way up to Scotland and back we must have seen around 100 Motorhomes. Some were parked by the side of Loch Lomond (around 30) and we also saw a convoy of 15 to 20 of Italians and several other smaller convoys of various Nationalities. Shame about the RAIN and the Midges.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
:whatthe: On our way up to Scotland and back we must have seen around 100 Motorhomes. Some were parked by the side of Loch Lomond (around 30) and we also saw a convoy of 15 to 20 of Italians and several other smaller convoys of various Nationalities. Shame about the RAIN and the Midges.

We also spotted four Italian and two Spanish registered motorhomes.

Melrose CC site and the town were really good but can not say the same for Aviemore, although the C&CC/Forestry commission site at Lock Morlich is quite nice. The trip was partly ruined by the cold, the wet, being plagued by midges and Aviemore itself.

Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back